Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh i think i am in trouble!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

So i go into my almost 3 year olds room this morning, only to discover that she has SHREDDED another one of her books, so i ask "Kailey Ann, why dod you do this?" to which she rolls her eyes and says"ugh, mom, chill out" WTF! i think i am in touble!

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TamaraAnn888
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Lmfao Im sorry but its funny and yes sounds like you are in trouble.My 3 1/2 year old daughter is always shredding her books,dont understand why.

AFWifeNMom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:35 PM

And what i really dont get is that we have read her this book every night before bed for litteraly the last 6 months, she will not sleep without it, we even bring it camping with us. Then i go in he room and it is shredded, she actually took bites out of it. Then she cries when i wont read it, well i can now, it is gone. I am thinking about buying her a new one but i dont want to condone this type of behavior

Quoting TamaraAnn888:

Lmfao Im sorry but its funny and yes sounds like you are in trouble.My 3 1/2 year old daughter is always shredding her books,dont understand why.

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
Ms.Upinyourface
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:42 PM

One of my friends pointed out that their then baby liked to rip up magazines..."we save so much money as we do not need to buy toys".

The most important discipline we give any child is TO DO THINGS....the pre school aged explorations of how things work: the squeezing of stuff out a tube, pouring, touching and manipulating, piling up, knocking down, lining up, dumping out, I remember one day coming out of the shower after washing my hair (guilty of self care for a full five to ten minutes max) and my child that age was standing at the kitchen door with the garden hose in his hand and he said "look Mom, I found a way to clean the kitchen quick"...water was running off all four sides of the kitchen table where all the paperwork I had done that day was drenched...along with all the walls, counter, floor ect..

I would say you have got it easy so far. I mean ripping up books...what could that be loosing you? $5-20 a pop....cheap!

AFWifeNMom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Ummm what? I mean i get what you are trying to say but i still don't  think it is "ok" for her to do this. I am not going to let her think it is ok. I will not go by the "kids will be kids" mentality. My child knows what is right and wrong, she knows that now that is gone and she will not get to read that book. Why would i let her ruin things just to "have fun" she has thousands of toys to play with and alot of them are things that she can bulid and knock down or she can do finger play, or play dough, or paint, or anything else she could ever imagine. RIpping books is nto acceptable

Quoting Ms.Upinyourface:

One of my friends pointed out that their then baby liked to rip up magazines..."we save so much money as we do not need to buy toys".

The most important discipline we give any child is TO DO THINGS....the pre school aged explorations of how things work: the squeezing of stuff out a tube, pouring, touching and manipulating, piling up, knocking down, lining up, dumping out, I remember one day coming out of the shower after washing my hair (guilty of self care for a full five to ten minutes max) and my child that age was standing at the kitchen door with the garden hose in his hand and he said "look Mom, I found a way to clean the kitchen quick"...water was running off all four sides of the kitchen table where all the paperwork I had done that day was drenched...along with all the walls, counter, floor ect..

I would say you have got it easy so far. I mean ripping up books...what could that be loosing you? $5-20 a pop....cheap!

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
MyBelovedOnes
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:56 PM

That toosh would be red hot if that was my child who talked to me like that with some serious corner time. 

TamaraAnn888
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Yea that doesnt make sense why she did it if she likes the book so much and my daughter bites into her books as well and even the ones she likes.I dont buy books anymore because I am not willing to waist our money on something that is going to be ruined anyways.

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

And what i really dont get is that we have read her this book every night before bed for litteraly the last 6 months, she will not sleep without it, we even bring it camping with us. Then i go in he room and it is shredded, she actually took bites out of it. Then she cries when i wont read it, well i can now, it is gone. I am thinking about buying her a new one but i dont want to condone this type of behavior

Quoting TamaraAnn888:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)