Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby almost signed his death sentance

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:38 PM
  • 1 Replies

Yesterday was my first real OB appointment for this pregnancy.  Hubby was supposed to be meeting me at my parent´s house and they were watching DS.  Well, I had dropped him off at their auto repair shop since they were both still working and I was heading to my parents house.  I was a little early because I was starving and going to grab a snack while I was there.  So I came over a hill and there is a car in the middle of the road.  Not 10 feet from the car is a lady in tears panicking.  So I stop and ask her if she is ok and she says not really, her car is on fire!  Then I notice the smoke coming from the hood.  She asks if she should open the hood.  No!  I finally convinced her to just back away from the car.  She did run back to her burning vehicle to get her keys and by that time I could see flames coming out of the vents on her hood.  So I get her to back up and she had called the fire department but ran out of minutes on her cell phone so she couldn´t call her husband.  I let her use my phone to call him.  Meanwhile this poor lady is in tears because she lost EVERYTHING in a house fire 2 years before that.  Then some friends of hers showed up and she went to be with them so I called hubby to have him meet me at his boss´ house (he had to park his work van somewhere) and we left for the OB.

I was really hesitant to even go because when I went for the initial appointment basically to do paperwork the nurse was VERY rude to me.  But I do have to say I am glad I went because I loved this OB.  Now hopefully I will like the other 3 in the practice as well.  She´s not so sure I can have my VBAC because of the hospital I delievered my son at.  They are known for doing classic incisions instead of horizontal.  So yeah, I´m bummed but she is getting my records and double checking.  When she did the Pap it was SO fast and easy.  I mean, she was in and out in under 30 seconds and it was DONE!  My old OB was always fumbling or missing something or rather.  So even though the drive is further even if I have to have another C-section we are sticking with this OB.

She did scare me once though.  She did the ultrasound vaginally and I didn´t hear a heartbeat.  Scared me to death.  Then she said ¨everything looks good, I can even see the heart beating.¨  She didn´t have the sound turned on!  So yeah, my baby has a heart beat of 173 bpm which she said is perfectly normal and is measuring about 8 weeks 1 day which is just a few days off.  DS was always a few days behind as well so I am really not worried about that.

So I was doing laundry this morning and I notice a paper sticking out of hubby´s pants pocket.  He left my ultrasound pictures in his pocket!  He would be so dead if I hadn´t noticed and had washed them!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
shebearncub
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Glad you caught the ultrasound pic before it got washed!

My yall had a very busy day......glad you were able to be with that woman until her friend got there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)