Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM vs WORKING MOMMA'S!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:41 PM
  • 26 Replies

okay IMHO i think they are equally as hard! i have never worked a day in my life! not bragging im just saying! my point being being a SAHM i always feel like i SHOULD be bringing something IN MONEY WISE!! BUT we dont go without and in the long run THIS is whats better for OUR family so basicly....... WORKING MOMMAS do you ever debate with your selves? do you wonder if you SHOULD be staying home insted? I AM NOT IN ANY WAY BASHING!!!! I PROMISE! IM JUST WONDERING REALLY! I THINK THEY BOTH HAVE PROS AND CONS! IN THE END WE ARE MOMMAS!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandithesuperm
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:43 PM

It's not a competition....I've done both. In the end we are all moms doing what we have to for our families.

lilypad728
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I've been on both sides of the fence. Whe I was a working mom...I wasn't the one raising my kids. Now that I'm a SAHM we have less moeny for the extras in life.

Like you said there are pros and cons. We decided the pros to staying home were better then the one pro of working...money.

When I was a sahm I envied those that stayed home.

But it's not hard. I don't like when peopel act like SAHM's have this trying life. It's a piece of cake. I love it.

ARMYWIFEHILL
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Quoting brandithesuperm:

It's not a competition....I've done both. In the end we are all moms doing what we have to for our families.

i know that! thats what im saying but i was wondering if working mommas ever felt like i did sometime! like they should be home insted! bc sometimes i feel like i should be work insted of being home! KWIM

Ann7227

I was a sahm for 9 years. It had it's ups and downs. I have 3 jobs now. But I still get me housework done. Kids to their appts. And to their sports. I wish I could be home more but I have to have a job. lol

MAMALICIOUS9506

ditto...

Quoting brandithesuperm:

alexis12205
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Quoting brandithesuperm:

pregnancy
mandalouwhotn
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:47 PM

No...I really have never questioned my decision.  I honestly think I would be miserable as a SAHM.  It works for some, not for me.  I don't really even think about it.

brandithesuperm
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Yes I know what you mean..that's why I said we do what's best for our families. When I worked it was because I had to. I didn't have the luxury to stay home. So I never felt I needed to stay home. Now I stay home. I don't really feel I need to work for the money I would like to work for my own personal reasons and if given the chance I would go back to work. Maybe that answers your question a little better.

Quoting ARMYWIFEHILL:

Quoting brandithesuperm:

i know that! thats what im saying but i was wondering if working mommas ever felt like i did sometime! like they should be home insted! bc sometimes i feel like i should be work insted of being home! KWIM

Mamamanic
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Yes, I get mommy guilt from time to time. I did stay home for a year and it was good because I found out that I like working. I like interacting with adults and now I do not have the choice not to work, though I'm unemployed and looking. When I was a SAHM I had to join play groups and get out of the house or I started to go bananas. If I had more than once child in daycare, then I do not know if I would be able to work because of the cost alone. All my earnings would go to daycare...what is the point. That is why I can't just accept any job because if it all goes to daycare, then there is no point.

NO1LKME3
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I have been a working mommy with no choice but to do so and I have been a working mommy with a choice and I have been a SAHM.

I have never beat myself up for working when my son went to preschool at 3.  Yes, there are days I wish I could have just stayed home with him but it was healthy for him at 3 to be around peers.  I have beat myself up for working fulltime and going to school full time when my 1st was a baby, I was a single mommy with no choice but I still wish I could have been there.

Now with my 18 mo. old....I quit work.  We adopted her and we waited until the time was right and dove in.  I am using my time wisely and getting another degree while I am home with her.

The only bad working mother is a mother who works to keep from taking care of her kids during the day...and yes, I have met a few of those.

Candie~

I have been a mom for 17+ years....I have been there, done that, seen it all and probably have the scars to prove it.

~We wanted to do a domestic open adoption so our daughter could know her birthfamily. Our daughters birthmother chose not to abort her, how could we abort our daughters birthmother from our lives.~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)