Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military pay question

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 46 Replies

I was just looking at my husband's LES and we aren't getting seperation pay.

We've been living seperately since February. We received sep pay from February to May, but since beginning in June, we have not be getting it. I know after 30 days you are supposed to get it, but I'm a little confused after reading the guidelines and I was hoping someone could clear it up for me.

He's stationed Germany right now. He does not have an unaccompanied tour, it's accompanied. But, we aren't there (not by choice though), me and my son are still in the states.

It said on the website they have to an unaccompanied tour to recieve sep pay. But, since it's not our choice to be seperated right now, shouldn't we still be recieving it? I'd call the finance people, but it's 8:45 PM there.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:45 PM

sounds like DFAS screwed up.  although i don't have any experience with sep pay, as dh and i were always stationed together (we were in the same bn)

i think you're just gonna have to wait and call.

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

dswarila
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:45 PM

can I ask why you arent with him? According to the Military you can be there if you want to be. You dont get separation if you choose not to go with him when its an option.

cs_1498
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM

It has to be unaccompanied to get sep. pay. Unless the military is for some reason keeping you stateside, but I can't imagine any reason they would do that since it is accompanied.

Mama of twin girls

Samantha Nicole  October 28, 2006

Kalia Jade October 29, 2006

Baby # 3 Due in September 2009 It's a BOY!!!!

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:47 PM

If he's on an accompanied tour and you can't go its still considered your problem and you shouldn't recieve separation pay. And if you did you may end up having to pay it back because you technically shouldn't be getting it. Unless you have some crazy reason for staying here.

href="http://www.tickercentral.com">
mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:48 PM

oh ok, that makes sense.  so he'd have to be in korea or something.  like i said, i've never dealt with separation pay before, so ignore my previous advice op, lol. 

and if they caught the error (the error being that you were receiving separation pay without being entitled it since you chose not to go with him) i think you'll have to do some back pay.  

Quoting cs_1498:

It has to be unaccompanied to get sep. pay. Unless the military is for some reason keeping you stateside, but I can't imagine any reason they would do that since it is accompanied.

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

KokoJones
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:48 PM

when my hubs left for japan and i had to wait for our passports we were not getting sep pay because according to the navy we should have gotten them sooner (we were waiting for my second to be born, she was only three months old when we left for japan and the office told us it would be easier to do all the paperwork at once) but yeah, we got assed out on the sep pay. until we got to japan and he deployed, then we got it

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

blondie7221
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM

why cany you go?

lcappytan05
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM

she isn't with him because they keep losing her paperwork and they havent signed off on it yet...she cant go until she gets command sponsored.

Quoting dswarila:

can I ask why you arent with him? According to the Military you can be there if you want to be. You dont get separation if you choose not to go with him when its an option.

lcappytan05
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:52 PM

OP, I replied to a response and forgot to put my reply on there...lol.

you shouldn't be getting seperation pay since you should be over here already (and I know that's not your fault at all). They probably caught the mistake and will probably be doing some back pay things soon as well.

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Quoting dswarila:

LOL! We can't be there until they fix the paperwork that they've screwed up 938483748 million times. We aren't allowed to leave until it's completed. Our passports are being held hostage until then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)