Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLS HELP

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

MY 21 MONTH OLD DS HAS COXSACKIE, FOR THE PAST 3 DAYS HAS HAD HIGH FEVERS AND DOES NOT WANT TO EAT, DR. SAID IT WAS OK IF HE DRINKS, BUT TODAY HE'S JUST CRYING OVER EVERYTHING, NOT EATING OR DRINKING HE'S A MESS... I GAVE HIM MOTRIN FOR THE PAIN BUT HE'S STILL CRYING... I'M GOING CRAZY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO SOOTHE HIM... ANYONE GONE THROUGH THIS CAN GIVE ME SOME ADVISE? HE HAS IT ON HIS MOUTH AND THROAT.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mom22tumblebugs
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:02 PM

COXSAKIE... isn't that Hand foot and mouth disease?  If so it is a virus and it has to pass. No antibiotic will help with it.

If he is crying excessively though, you might want to take him in to get checked for an ear infection. If he isn't eating or driking try to see if he might lick popscles. He will get liquids slowly from the popsicle and the cold might feel good in his mouth and throat.

amarias80
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:07 PM

THAT'S WHAT HE HAS,,,  I TRIED THE POPSICLE AND DOESN'T WANT IT EITHER... I TOOK HIM YESTERDAY TO HIS DR. AND HE CHECKED HIS EARS... HE'S ALSO VERY IRRITABLE, IF I WANT TO HOLD HIM OR TOUCH HIM HE HITS ME... I'M ABOUT TO START CRYING MYSELF!

amarias80
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM

bump

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
medical questions
Children's Health Issues

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

jules3685
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:59 PM

really wish i could help.... i was going to suggest popsicles too because my daughter loves ice. how about a tepid bath? you take it withh him... not cold, not hot.... i guess you can call it luck warm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)