Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nees some advice...please no bashing!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:07 PM
  • 20 Replies
So I jst started working part time after about 2yrs without working. We are in the town we live in and we don't have any family or close friends here. Daycare is really expensive, we can't afford sending my son to a daycare or preschool, so my dh's co-worker's wife offered to babysit my son for 40 bux a week. These people are so sweet, they are an older couple. Very religious. She used to work at a hospital for many yrs so she knows exactly what to incase of an emergency. My son has really bad asthma, so she knows how to give him his breathing treatments as well. She's only taken care of him once and already he knows how to swim! She asked me what he was allergic to, if he could play with her dogs, and what he liked to eat. I'm very very happy with her. BUT, he dh (my dh's co-worker) has to register as a child molester. :( when he was younger, he used to go out with a minor, her parents found out and didn't like it. So this is why he has to register, not because of anything else. So I guess it came out at work, and now my dh doesn't want this lady to take care of my son. What you you all do in this situation? I'm really stuck on this. Thnx!
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michellemom372
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:09 PM

id probably let them still i mean he never actully molessted anyone

Im Michelle/Im a ferrel cat feeding/Animal loving/Marrying an older man/Teen Mommy/Chihuahua owning/Poker playing/Disabled/Gay rights activist/not giving a fuck what you think =]

meagan0716
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:09 PM

I don't know but here is a bump

FaerieMommie23
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I think I would make damn sure first that its the only reason he has to register. I honestly dont think they would make him register over something like that specially if it happened a long time ago but I could be wrong, either way I would do a background check or something first. I swear, now days you think you know somebody but you never really do. If all checks out okay then I dont see a problem with it.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I would continue to let her watch him.  If the reason for him having to register as a sex offender is true and can be proven, I feel bad for him.

Twistedtwin2
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:12 PM

I dont see anything wrong with it if that is the only reason he has to register. If you are happy with the lady and you and your husband can talk it over and agree than I see nothing wrong with it.. Good Luck!

nellierice
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:13 PM

This happened to my grandpa.  He had to register as a sex offender because he was having sex with a 15 year old girl and he was 18.  He married that girl and they were together for 75 years (they both passed away 2 years ago).  So get the whole story first...maybe do a background check.

sharonrena
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:13 PM

You and your hubby should sit down with them and talk.  Just let them know you are your childs protecter and need to know why he is a registered sex offender.  I'm pretty sure you can look it up yourself online.  Then, it is ultimately up to you and your husband to make this decision.  Good luck. 

CamdensMom12
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I feel the same way. I would make sure this is the reason and the ONLY reason first. But if it is then I feel bad for him cause that is stupid!! But I would get all the details confirmed first! Good luck!

Quoting JulyBabies:

I would continue to let her watch him.  If the reason for him having to register as a sex offender is true and can be proven, I feel bad for him.

Tummysmomma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:15 PM

yeah, if i were you i would confirm his story.. if its true id be ok with that.

Mrszxcop3land
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:15 PM

if it was just from dating a minor, i say go for it. if it was fir actual molestation i would be apprehensive but i'd still look into MAYBE.

I knock on the door. hope isn't home, faith's not around, && luck's all gone. first comes the hurricane, then the morning sun<3

some say tragedies are hard to get over, but somtimes, tragedy means it's over;;

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)