Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spider bite...really important question about spider bite...update 9:52pm est..update pg 4, 8/30/09, 532pm

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:13 PM
  • 36 Replies

i think I may of gotten a spider bite.  it is on my arm right at the inside of my elbow.  since I woke up  the red spot has more than doubled in size and it is warm to the touch and is very painful.    I really dont want to go to the doctors because I am not sure if it warrants it.  But can anyone please tell me if I should go anyways. I wish I could post a picture of it but it is not working that way...  the red mark is about the size of my hand..the length and width...my hand is not small either. 

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
McKennasmom03
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I would definately go to the dr. My DS was bitten twice and got staff. And that was on bone. Some of those bites can be wicked. Brown and black recluse are horrible. Good luck.

cowboygal
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Where do u live?  We are very cautious with spiders because have the brown recluse where we live and that is very deadly.  It can leave a gapping hole in your arm. I hate spiders.  I would look up spiders in your area and the reactions that can happen and see if u have to go in. 

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
tarams98020
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:20 PM

i live in hamptons roads virginia.  the best way that I can describe the color red and what it loods like is is almost looks like I have burned my arm.  Which I didnt becuase I havent cooked anything today. 

beautifulinlove
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:21 PM

call your doctor's office and see if you can speak to a nurse. or maybe see if you can search online for a free hotline that might have nurses to give medical advice 24 hrs a day.

spider bites can be serious especially ones in certain areas of the U.S.

Your red mark sounds pretty big to me! let us know what happens.

I am a domestic goddess...I choose to serve as Chef. Nurse. Designer. Accountant. Chauffeur. Oven. haha. I do it all!
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
lcappytan05
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I would go get checked out just to be safe. Seriously, if you didn't see the spider that bit you...it's better to be safe than sorry...

I don't mean to scare  you, but if a bite grew like that if warrants a check up by a doctor.

Good luck and I really hope it's nothing serious!

SunshineSmiles
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:23 PM

i would be running my ass the the ER!

FaerieMommie23
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Go to the ER or a doctor. If you live anywhere near black widows or brown recluse spiders its probably best to get it checked out just incase.

RetroWife
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:25 PM

It could be MRSA. It grows fast, hot, and painfully so. Get it checked right away. It is highly contagious. If you have a strong stomach you can google images of MRSA.

nurse

~Helen~

sharonrena
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM

I found this website that shows the progression of an actual brown recluse spider bite....WARNING !!!  GRAPHIC PICS INCLUDED !!! YOU WERE WARNED ...

www.highway60.com/mark/brs/linda_bite.htm

RmeWifey01
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Virginia HAS brown recluse spiders so go to the hospital b4 you lose your arm!!!!  I used to live there and saw them! Oh, and then clean the room where you got bit VERY THOUROUGHLY. Kill the little fu**ers!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)