Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats a fair price you think? (PIOG)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

This may sound silly, but I need an idea of price here:

I recently found out that I'm expecting a baby BOY so I've decided to part ways with the excess amounts of baby girl cloths that I have from my DD.  It's unbelievable as to the amount of cloths my child has accumulated! Lol.  Anyway, I recently sold A LOT of her cloths at my yard sale this past weekend, but to be honest you can't even tell!!  (I had 10+ large moving boxes of cloths to start with.. I'm down to like 6)  BUT my question here is, what is a fair/reasonable price to ask for used clothing?  I wanted to post an add on Craigslist.com (if you're not familiar, it's basically on-line classifieds where you can post/purchase items from people all over the US/your local town - and unlike the newspaper, it's FREE and runs for 30+ days instead of a week lol)

Anyway, I just want to know if any of you have done this before, and if so, how much did you price your lot for?  I mean I'm talking over 100 pieces of cloths alone.  I also have few other items such as a diaper champ, wipes warmer, sling-style carrier, back-pack style carrier, tons of bottles, etc etc.. the list goes on!!! 

I've got excess of items, so it's not like Im getting rid of everything just to expect brand new things, but I had doubles of things because my daughter stayed with my mom while I worked and so she had to have some things too! 

I plan on selling this as a complete "LOT" for a set amount of money...  I just don't want to A.) get ripped off! And B.) Over price, and never get these things out of my house!!!

Thanks ladies for your impute!  I know this sounds so silly, but I've seen such an extreme diff. in prices on line, that I just don't know where to start  ( I can always come down ya know)  My items are all in GREAT shape, and tons of name brand : mainly all are childrens place items.  And stain free...  so I just don't know where to price...  I want some money so I can start buying things in BLUE hehe...

Anyway, again thanks for reading, and thanks for your help!!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker 

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:39 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:  

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

ThrivingMom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:58 PM

It depends on the brand of the clothes, the condition of the clothes, the style of the clothes, and how many items you're talking about.

jendramis
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I personally wouldnt try to sell the cltohing in all one lot,break it up into lots by sizes,maybe 20 peices or less per lot because most people dont know what sz their baby will be for what season if that makes sense for used clothing not high end stuff id expect to get about $1 a peice more of they are name brand we actually suppliment out income by selling things on cl we make about 1,500.00 a mth on there

jennifer om to austin 10 alexa 7 michael 6 cheyanne 5 and timmy 3 trisomy 10q

2BabIez2BeBaker
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 4:12 PM

WELL I had a yard sale and sold the morjority of clothing for 25 cents a peice, and some higher for speciality brands... and VERY FAIR prices for other items.  made nearly $400 on it!  (YYEEESSSS I HAD ALOT!!! lol)

and I made a "massive lot" add on Craigs List, and sold the remainder of my clothing and items for $100.00  so... I made about $500.00 on my LO's clothing!!  I'm not complaining!!!

and all my items were in GREAT CONDITION and mainly all the clothing was Childrens Place and Gimboree  =)  so the moms who purchased got great deals and I made some $$ in my pockets to start a new wardrobe for my little man to be!!!  

I still have a few boxes of un-wanted boy items so I'm hoping to make a little bit more!

and to the mom who said she makes $$ on CL each month! OMG it's such a wonderful site!!! I sold my huge lot in less than 24 hours!  and I'm soon going to post a lot for some of MY clothing to make a little cash for some Materinity cloths and w/e else!

I LOVE CRAIGS LIST!! haha

thanks ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)