Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hand Sanitizer

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:23 PM
  • 0 Replies

I thought this would be good for people with Grandchildren and children to
know... I see more and more of these
sanitizers, so something to be aware

of...








Please read very important!!



           Yesterday, my youngest daughter, Halle who is just 4 years old,
was rushed to the ER by her father for being severely lethargic and

incoherent in her classroom. He was called to her school by the school
secretary who said that she was 'VERY VERY SICK'!

    He told me that when he arrived at her classroom, Halle was barely
sitting in the chair. She couldn't hold her own head up and when he looked

into her eyes, she couldn't focus them.

He immediately scooped her up and rushed her to the closest ER, and then
called me. When he got there, they ran blood test after blood test and did
x-rays, every test imaginable. Her white blood cell count was normal,

nothing was out of the ordinary.. When I arrived at the ER, the doctor there
told us that he had done everything that he could do so he was transferring
her to Saint Francis Hospital for further tests.

Right as we were leaving in the ambulance, her teacher arrived at the ER and

told us that after questioning Halle 's classmates, She had found out that
our little girl had licked liquid hand sanitizer off of her hands !!!
Hand sanitizer, of all things.  But it makes sense. These days they have all

kinds of different scents and flavors and when you have a curious child,
they are going20to put all kinds of things into their mouths. When we
arrived at the Saint Francis' Hospital ER, we told the ER Doctor there to

check her blood alcohol level, and yes we did get weird looks, but they did
it.

The results showed her blood alcohol level was 85% --  six hours after we
first took her.. There's no telling what it would have been if we would have

requested it at the first ER. Since then, her school and a few surrounding
schools have taken the liquid hand sanitizers out of all the lower grade
classes, but what's to stop middle and high schooler's from ingesting this

stuff? After doing research on the Internet, we found out that it only takes
about 3 squirts of the stuff ingested to be fatal to a toddler.

For her blood alcohol level to be so high, it would be like someone her size

drinking120 proof liquor. So PLEASE  PLEASE  don't disregard this because we
don't ever want another family to go through what ours has gone through.

Please send this to everyone you know that have children, grandchildren,

nieces, nephews or cousins.
It doesn't matter what age. This could affect anyone of them .

This can also be verified on truth or fiction, see below......

     This story was verified at:
<http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/sanitizer.asp%3E;

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/sanitizer.asp

This is not a Joke! This is a  Warning for all parents / grandparents
PLEASE OPEN !!!


Warning for all parents/grandparent s, a friend sent this to me and I
thought it was important enough to send on.....we all know someone with
children!!!!!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)