Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First birthday party!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:53 PM
  • 16 Replies

My little boy is going to be one in a month and a half!  I can't believe how fast time goes!  We are going to have a firetruck theme... he loves anything that moves and is red:)  We are going to have his party from 2-5pm (works best with our friends and their kids nap schedules).  My question to you ladies is what would you serve?  Other then cake of course:)  I want to do different appeitizer type things since it is in between meal times and I know some people will be coming late/ leaving early depending on how the kids are doing.  I would like to have some hot some cold.  I don't really like prepackaged stuff, I prefer to make things myself, but a couple frozen things would be okay.  There will only be a couple kids that are over one and a half, and then of course their parents and some of my son's aunts and uncles and grandparents.  Thanks for any help ladies!  I know I still have some time, but we have a lot going on on weekends and I won't have a ton of time right before the party to plan things. 

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SWGA_Mommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM

You could go for finger foods, like small sandwiches or little sausages.  We always like to make small pigs in blankets with croissants and the little smokies.  And snack foods such as crackers and dips.  Fruit and veggie trays are always good.  Hope this helps a little bit.

ctfirsttimemom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM

thats what I had in mind... thanks!  I was just curious what other moms would do.

mediumchunkx
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Here are pics from Monicas "duck" theme!!!

KatieFlower
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I would make meatballs, finger roll sandwiches, chips n dip, fruit salad, pasta salad, put out a bowl or m&ms

ctfirsttimemom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM

that cake is great!!!  I love the picture of her covered in it:)  too cute!

Quoting mediumchunkx:

ctfirsttimemom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I was thinking I would do meatballs in my crockpot so they stay warm.

Quoting KatieFlower:

I would make meatballs, finger roll sandwiches, chips n dip, fruit salad, pasta salad, put out a bowl or m&ms

Love_My_Leah
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Our DD's first birthday party was at 2pm and we made hot dogs and hamburgers and had a bunch of chips, potato salad, etc.

ToddlerRides.gif Rear facing blinkie 2 image by Kipani4jc

nemiller
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:09 PM

we had cake, fruit salad, cookies, and "pigs in a blanket" (i make them by wrapping lil' smokies in cut up pilsbury crescent pieces).  our party was after lunch and before dinner, so i wanted appetizer/finger food type items.

K.a.C.87
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM

your little girl in the pictures on the wall look like my dd did at the age! lol i wish i could find some of those pics to show you! LOL

Quoting mediumchunkx:

SunnyJoJo
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:19 PM

When is his birthday out of curiosity? My daughter is turning one on October 16th. www.1stwishes.com has some pretty cute theme ideas and birthday packages, maybe they have a firetruck theme.  I can't help you out with the other stuff cause I'm in the same boat as you. lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)