Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAYBE TIME---- GETTIN CLOSE?? **FINGERS CROSSED**

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:00 PM
  • 22 Replies

So i was woke up this morning by a few hellacious contractions... then they just stopped until 10 this morning.... i've been cramping soooooo bad and my legs feel like ive been doin butterfly kicks for hrs.. could this be a sign that he could be comin soon or what? these cramps are enough to bring me to the floor and they last forever! then they just disappear..

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michelle2080
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Your uterus is def preparing! But..... that can go on for days even weeks sometimes. I hope it's soon for your sake, you sound anxious!! :) Good luck! 

rainylittlebug
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:08 PM

it hurts so bad i feel like i want to strain and push like i have to shit a 10 lb brick.... i just keep holdin my breath and slowly pushing like im tryin to relieve some pressure.... its like if i could push one good hard time he'd be here now!!!

Michelle2080
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Have you called the doc or went into labor and delivery? Don't always assume its false labor, you could be dilating.  

rainylittlebug
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:23 PM

no i havent went to labor & delivery yet or called... i went to the dr this week and he said i was dialated to 1 cm and 50% effaced but im just now turning 38 weeks with my first.... i figured the hospital would just tell me to go home since it's just really cramping and not total contractions...

Michelle2080
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Yes, very true.... but you never know. If you go in, they have to check you, they can't just send you on your way. If you were 1cm this week and you are 2.5 now, then it is changing your cervix. My friend was told by all of her family that she was just having braxton hicks and not to worry...she went in anyway and found out she was going into labor at 30 weeks with her first one and they were able to stop it. I understand you wanting to wait, and if it is in fact labor,  trust me, it will get worse and you'll  know!! :)

Quoting rainylittlebug:

no i havent went to labor & delivery yet or called... i went to the dr this week and he said i was dialated to 1 cm and 50% effaced but im just now turning 38 weeks with my first.... i figured the hospital would just tell me to go home since it's just really cramping and not total contractions...

Phatpatswife
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Due dates are always an estimate. First thing I would suggest is to stop pushing!!!! That's not good and can cause your cervix to swell. Second thing I would do is go to the hospital to get checked out, just to be on the safe side. If you are in labor and you aren't far along they will send you home anyways where you can labor comfortably.

boosmom440
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM

how far apart have they been ? i would go get checked

We made it to 27 months rear-facing and we are proud of it. We have a new goal now and that is to harness our little girl till 80 pounds, even if she is 14 years old she will be in a carseat/booster as long as she can fit.If you have a problem with it then deal with it she is my daughter and i will do any thing to keep her safe

berlgirl1224
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM

i'd go get checked. and dont hold your breath. literally. you could swell up "down there" and that would suck

cherryici
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Quoting boosmom440:

how far apart have they been ? i would go get checked

she looks to pooped to party in that pic...she is so cute.

zgirls009
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM

If you're 38 weeks and you're contracting -- just listen to your body and REST!  This could go on for hours.  If you feel like you need to shit a brick, you might.  LOL. 

There is no reason to rush to L&D.  If they check you, it wont tell them anything.  I was admited at a 2, was at a 4 ten hrs later and then went to a 10 in a couple hours.  Labor math is misleading.  Just stay where you're comfortable until contractions are 3 minutes apart for 2 hrs lasting 1 minute.  Then go to L&D.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)