Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is he acting this way??

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM
  • 14 Replies

Here recently my DH has been yelling at me all the time, over nothing.  Like today...I was going to cook something with hamburger meat.  I thought that it smelled like it had went bad, so I told him to smell it.  He acted like he didn't smell anything wrong with it.  I told him I didnt feel comfortable using it.  So he goes off on me yelling "Fine, throw it away, waste food. blah blah blah..."  so I told him if he was so concerned about wasting food, that he could eat it, and I would fix me and DD something else.  So I finished cooking the meat, and I tasted it just to make sure, and it WAS bad.  So I told him to taste it.  He said it was fine.  So I said, Ok, I will let you eat this, and Tatum and I will have some chicken nuggets.  So he gets up, and snatches up the pan, and dumps it in the dog bowl, and says don't F***ing worry about fixing me anything at all.  So I just went on about my business, and I fixed him some chicken anyway, and instead of eating it, he threw it away. (Talk about wasting food).  So a little later, he said that he was sorry and he wouldn't yell at me anymore....well not even an hour later, he said that he couldn't find something in his psychology book, so I took the book and was looking for it.  He said he was going to take a test, so to hand him the book back.  I kept looking, and then he goes off again, after I asked him if what I had found was the answer...He said I DONT FUCKING KNOW, I TOLD YOU TO GIVE ME THE G** DAMN BOOK SO I COULD TAKE MY TEST...YOU KNOW IT IS A TIMED TEST...so I just handed him the book back.  The smart thing to do would have been to wait to start the test after I handed him the book.  I dont know what to do....I don't want him to keep treating me this way.

RainbowLollipops-1.gif picture by nudge08

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fit_Momma_Of_2
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Wow! What a d!ck!!! I would have him know that either goes with you or alone to some councling or you're just done!! Right now he's just yelling, whats gonna be next?

cherryici
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Babe i am so sorry he is treating you that way...at least he has the compassion enough to say sorry. It sound like (to me) that he is suffering from some sort of anxiety may be attached to that darn test. maybe he is very nervous about it. At any rate you dont have to stand for it. When the day winds down and the house is quiet i would talk to him about it. I am not you and i dont know him so that is really the only advise i can give at the moment. hope it gets better.

mommasbabies77
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Sounds like he's stressed out to me? I don't know.  Sorry though.

MAMALICIOUS9506
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:15 PM

seems like he's really stressed out about things and he is taking them out on you...find the right moment and talk to him about it...

prego7386
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:17 PM

huh...sounds like my step dad..he would throw the biggest "poor me" tantrums i have ever seen in my life..it was ridiculous and it never got any better

Vampee_Mom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Sounds like he may be very stressed?

Do you guys have any financial problems?  That could explain the reaction about "wasting food" .. I mean.. If you guys are having tight times.

How about school.. Could he be stressed from school?

Does he work and go to school?  If he does could that be a source of stress for him?

Sorry he's treating you this way...  I just know my hubby acts differently when he is stressed. And usually if I can figure out (if he doesn't tell me..lol) why he's stressed, and we talk the behaviour usually stops.

Young_Mommy89
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:18 PM

It must be going around bcuz DF has been a complete ass all day

JGLeagones
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:19 PM

He sounds stressed out to me

How`s my pregnancy doing?

Blinkie Text Generator at TextSpace.net
kailynn722
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:26 PM

honey this is just the start of it next thing you know he will be jummpin up at you and takin your key and ect..., you need to make sure he gets something done before somethin bad happin. i am talkin from experiance my ex bf started out doin the same thing and now that our lil girl is here i had to get him kicked out of the hospital and a restranin order takin out for me and kailynn.

i cant tell you how many times he said i wont do that anymore but each time he got worse... so dont let him go over the top before somethin is done  

CafeMom Tickers
Tatumsmommy0123
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Quoting Vampee_Mom:

Sounds like he may be very stressed?

Do you guys have any financial problems? We make ends meet.  We aren't rich, but we are far from going without That could explain the reaction about "wasting food" .. I mean.. If you guys are having tight times.

How about school.. Could he be stressed from school?  He is taking 3 online classes, and none of the classes are that hard so far (school just started back this week)

Does he work and go to school?  If he does could that be a source of stress for him?  He does, but so do I, and I take care of our DD, and make sure the house stays clean

Sorry he's treating you this way...  I just know my hubby acts differently when he is stressed. And usually if I can figure out (if he doesn't tell me..lol) why he's stressed, and we talk the behaviour usually stops.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)