Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went to the doctor, ANY advice would be GREAT!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm in a little bit of a dilemma...

So about a week ago I was having a lot of pain in my abdomen and I went to urgent care because the pain was severe and they sent me in for an ultrasound and they told me my IUD had fallen down dramatically. So much that it was a high chance I could get pregnant. So I had no sex for the week until my OB/GYN which was today. (My ultrasound was last Friday)

Well I went to the OB/GYN today for my yearly papsmear and for them to fix my IUD. I told them what Urgent Care had told me and they called them and even brought a ultrasound machine into my room to check on it. Well I had the ultrasound technician, the nurse, and doctor all in this small room hovered around the computer and the UT looked at the doctor and said "is that what I think that is?" and the doctor said she wasn't sure. Then they began saying it looked like a sac of fluid, and the UT asked the doctor what my pregnancy test came back as. She said negative, and then they discussed how it was in my uterus and that it looked like a sac filled with fluid. Basically what they were saying was that I might be pregnant but the test came back negative. (I'm 8 days late)

They also tried saying it could be an air pocket because of my IUD being so low, but seriously how would air get up in there?!?!

They never gave me a yes or a no, they told me to wait for my period. They took out my IUD in which was falling out anyways. I told them NOT to fix it or put another one in, and in 3 months I am suppose to go back if I have my period and get another IUD in. Well if I don't have a period I'm suppose to go back sooner.

What do you ladies think? Any advice?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ECMOM970
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Wow...maybe you should get another opinion? I have never heard of this but have heard that the IUD was not good for you!

BoogaBooBaby
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Quoting ECMOM970:

Wow...maybe you should get another opinion? I have never heard of this but have heard that the IUD was not good for you!

Not good for you?......what have you heard?? Could I be seriously hurt by it?!

lalala09
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Sorry I have no idea so here's a bump.

Bens_momma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Seems like they should've done a blood test

humanjunglegym
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Bump

zgirls009
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:38 PM

In one of our birthing classes..half the women got pregnant while on BC, me on depo and 3 others using an IUD.

They can slip out just a little bit and that's all it takes. 

I'd wait a few days and maybe take a pregnancy test to see if you get a different result.

I'd be excited...I can't wait to be pregnant again (and to think this time 2 weeks ago I was in labor lol).

Hope it turns out the way you want it to :)

MomX04
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Quoting Bens_momma:

Seems like they should've done a blood test

agreed, esp., if they suspected you were pregnant.  I would go for a second opinion.

BoogaBooBaby
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:58 PM

They did take some blood, but they never said if they were doing a pregnancy one. I think that was suppose to be for my STD testing and stuff like that from the pap smear. 

BoogaBooBaby
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Where should I go to get a second opinion? To another OBGYN or what? Should I tell them I might be pregnant or what?

s.t.e.p.h
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:14 PM

get a second opinion from a different OB. I don't know how they cannot know if you're pregnant or not...request a blood test.

((*Steph-23 year old stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.
wedding web site

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)