Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bleeding in 3rd trimester

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

my friend who is 32 weeks pregnant is bleeding and complaining of pain in her back....any of you experience this and what was it like....is there a chance she could be miscarrying?? please pray for her.

update

my friend went right to the er. the babys okay. they kept her over night and they think she will have the baby very soon. also gave her a shot...please pray for her and her little boy charles

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MomX04
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:37 PM

ER NOW! 

There could be a host of reasons for bleeding in the third trimester, not many of them are good. I spent the last three months of my first pregnancy in the hospital for a complete previa, painless bleeding, no warning but it could have killed me and my son in under 20 minutes if untreated.

Bugletcjm
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM

She needs to go the ER ASAP. Bleeding in the 3rd trimester isn't normal and her and the baby could be in really big trouble. My sister had a placental abruption when she was pregnant with my niece and they were both bleeding to death, luckily she got to hospital in time.  Bleeding in the 3rd trimester isn't something to take lightly. 

Mommy to Caleb and one baby angel, and expecting a Rainbow baby in March!!

Pregnancy ticker

butterflyblu
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Yes, go to the ER straight away.  And it's not called a miscarriage if you lose a baby after 20 weeks, just FYI.  It's called a still-birth.  It could be something related to the placenta with bleeding.  Worst case scenario her baby will have to be delivered, but at 32 weeks, the chances of survival is really good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)