Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Natural" baby bath products

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM
  • 21 Replies

I have a newborn, and am trying to decide what I will use on him regularly.  I know that finding a product that's completely natural and organic is difficult, and when you do they're ridiculously expensive.  So I'm just trying to find good ones that are as close to natural as possible.  I have been using Burt's Bees Baby so far.  I like it, but the smell is a bit strange.  I've heard good things about Weleda baby, and I'm thinking of giving it a try.  Has anyone used those products?  Or are there any others that you would recommend?  I really don't want to spend more than $10 a pop. 

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prego7386
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:52 PM

babys r us has a big selection of bath products...warning though. if ur child develops craddle cap dont get that all natural stuff that has winnie the poo on it....it stinks like flea bath and i had to wash my sons hair 4 times to get the smell out!

zgirls009
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:53 PM

We use Burt Bee's too and I saw that Weledas stuff...

No idea though but I'm curious too..so here's a bump :)

NikkosMommy820
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:53 PM

California baby is awesome. It is expensive- but 1 thing of soap will last a few months. I use method baby-it's not 100% all natural but it's really close and doesn't have any harmful ingredients... it's not badly priced.

MommyArmyWife
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:56 PM

We love weleda but cant really afford it, so we compromise. Aveeno isnt all natural but it doesnt have all the chemicals that johnsons or huggies has, and we love the smell!

mamamissy316
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Quoting NikkosMommy820:

California baby is awesome. It is expensive- but 1 thing of soap will last a few months. I use method baby-it's not 100% all natural but it's really close and doesn't have any harmful ingredients... it's not badly priced.

Where do you find Method baby?  I thought Target sold method, but I couldn't find the baby products on their website.

elopez311
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:35 PM

I agree, I like aveeno. I use it for myself too! Not the baby stuff, but the regular body wash and bath products.

Quoting MommyArmyWife:

We love weleda but cant really afford it, so we compromise. Aveeno isnt all natural but it doesnt have all the chemicals that johnsons or huggies has, and we love the smell!

yogamom16
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:35 PM

We have been using California Baby since my dd was born and I love it..  It is kinda expensive but the soap is very thick and a little bit goes a long way!

mamamissy316
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:59 PM

bump

rkoloms
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Here is a secret: your newborn doesn't need any soap! Just a short, warm bath, with a bit of olive oil for the "crusties"

We love the California baby products. There is a new, non-toxic line at Target (the name escapes me, but one of the founders is a CafeMom).

Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). http://www.ewg.org/

Robin in Chicago

Hisservent
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 7:49 AM

We first used baby wash from Shaklee (green company) but I stoped working for them and since, I have not used their stuff. NOt that it was bad or anything, I just couldn't afford to keep working for them. So then I started using Method's baby was. It's 99% natural, tear free, and hypoallergenic. It smells really good too. I get the Rice Milk and Marshmallow...mmmmm. And it hasn't irritated my son's skin at all and he has eczema and allergies. I get it at Target and it's about $6 for 8oz.

ttcHappily married, green(eco friendly), work from home, Christian mom of one and TTC another.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

baby dust

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)