Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confused - 14 wk Boy or Girl???

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM
  • 32 Replies

I've had sooo many people tell me I am having a girl. The u/s tech told me she is more than sure its a boy. I've compared several other u/s pics and I am torn between. Please tell me what you guys think. Especially you mommies with boys. I have a girl and do not remember anything in between. It has the three lines but I am pretty sure I saw a sac at the docs office, the nurse too! 

Click on the link to see the ultrasound pic!

http://lunafamilyfun.blogspot.com/

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheSinFamily
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I think it looks like a girl, but I would also get another opinion in a few weeks

Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Looks like a boy to me. It's still kinda early tho.

lcappytan05
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I think it's a boy. I'm having a boy but my pictures are always more clear (I don't have any with the boy parts shot on it, sorry...otherwise you could compare), but I will say that the ones I have seen that are girls don't usually stick out that far it is usually a little bump with 3 little lines (if that makes sense).

You should probably be able to tell at your next appt.

nlovew3boys
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Quoting TheSinFamily:

I think it looks like a girl, but I would also get another opinion in a few weeks

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM

stork

Welcome to CafeMom and congratulations on your pregnancy!

Please say hello to the other moms introducing themselves here.  You can add a reply to their post, visit their page and send out friend invitations!   

You may also want to check out this post:
PREGNANCY Info On CafeMom!     

There are lots of Moms talking in our main forum - The Newcomers Club - Active discussion forum.   Feel free to join in - reply to posts and start some posts of your own!

We also suggest joining and meeting other Moms like you in these Recommended Groups.

Make yourself at home and enjoy the site!

coffee

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

jasnab
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:26 PM

looks like boy to me my little one we are expecting now is a boy an it looked just like that but i get a new US every other month so we know for sure its still boy

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:27 PM

With my DS it was very obvious that he was a boy.  We could clearly see 2 arms, 2 legs, umbilical cord and penis.  With DD I had an amnio so there was no question.

Ultrasounds are NOT 100% effective in telling the sex of a baby, especially at 14 weeks.  DH's neice was told she was having a girl and had a boy.  Happened to a friend too. 

babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:28 PM

I don't know,but I heard that a boy's heartbeat is usually slower than a girl's. Maybe that will help.

cherryici
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:29 PM

13 weeks...predicted to be a boy. yours looks similar but not quite so i really cant be sure...lol...take another ultra.

Mommyto6under7
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Honestly, I would wait until at least your 16 week ultrasound, then try again to see if it's more clear. 14 weeks is way too early, in my opinion. It isn't very accurate at 14wks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)