Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They should come take him away :(

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM
  • 21 Replies

OK... let me say that i ALREADY feel like shit, please, don't bring your rude ass in here to stomp me down some more, ok. If you're having a bad day and want to bitch someone out, trust me, there are probably 5 other posts on the first page of your group posts you can bitch out.

Ok. My 8 month old still bfs. And its been wonderful so far. Well, he's started to get his first teeth in, the bottom two.. And they're coming in together. Imagine my surprise when he smiled at me and not one, but TWO teeth were popping through :) Anyway. He has been sick lately, and I should have remember that and been nicer, I know.

Well, we were nursing and he decided to start biting. I did the stern "No!" and would sit him in the play pen for 5 minutes, pick him up, and he'd bite again. But he'd cry when I'd unlatch him. I know he was hungry. Well, we played that little game for an hour and a half.. Then, he bit down really really hard. I was bleeding, alot. Like, by the time i unlatched him, HIS mouth was full of blood, and he choked. Well, instinctively, i popped his mouth and said NO. Not hard, like, a little pop, I didn't even feel it, and he didn't even cry til I said NO loudly... I think i just scared him...

but then he started bawling, and i burst into tears also, and I've been miserable since. He's asleep now, and im sore, but I still feel like garbage.. I feel like calling CPS and turning myself in, and handing over my son. I didnt even PURPOSELY smack him, it happened before I realized it was going on! I was just thrown into stupidity from the pain..

Im such a bad mommy crying

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akataml
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:16 PM

you arent a bad mom.It hurts when you get bitten.Although i realize you reacted out of pain and shock, a tap in the mouth will teach an 8 month old nothing. Try not to beat yourself up too badly, you are NORMAL. I would just continue on with the NO though. 

jeff.gif jeff hardy image by 200152750j

Damali0812
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Your not a bad mommy. When my kids got there first tooth in they were about 11 months and so I switched to pumping and feeding them with a bottle cuz yes teeth hurt. Hang in there sweetie it'll be ok

My two wonderful daughters Destiny age 7 yrs and Kiley age 4 yrs

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:19 PM

You're not a bad mom!

He hurt you and you reacted out of the pain.  It's normal.  Don't beat yourself up!  Best of all...he won't even remember it even though it will bother you for a long time.

larissacst
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:19 PM

maybe it's time to stop BFing. i know it hurt you so you hurt him. that's never good. if he's pulling blood into his mouth that doesn't sound so good either. if you want him to have breast milk just pump. that way he still gets mommy milk and your poor nips won't hurt anymore.

don't beat yourself up over it. just the other day i went to spank mason on his bottom but he was squirming so much i got his back, i felt horrible too

linnet4
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:21 PM

you're a great mom.. don't beat youself over this.. I think most of us have been there..It hurts like hell to get your nipple bitten, so I know how you feel.. What I did with my DD (which I only had to do a couple of times) was to close her nose with my fingers and tell her not to bite me.. she would immediatly release me.. Feel better momma!

Lilypie Baby Ticker

zgirls009
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM

It's a natural reaction after being bit..lots of moms do it.  But you're woman enough to feel bad about it.

Because he's teething does NOT mean it's time to stop breastfeeding.  Try hugging him really tight to your breast the next time he acts like he's going to bite or does.  It scares them that they wont do it again.  :)

Twizlr
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:25 PM

You are no where near a bad mom!  We have all had our moments that we regretted as soon as they happen with our kids.  Maybe it is time to switch from breastfeeding to bottle feeding breast milk. 

Good luck and remember you are not alone!  

luvbeinamommy68
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:26 PM

awww ur not a bad mommy! i went to spank my 2yr old one time for getting behind the tv stand after we told him many many many NO's. and he moved a certain way and i got his leg. i felt sooooo bad that i hugged him and kissed him. he cried for maybe a min. and was over it, running away laughing (prob. at me!). the only time i spank my kids if they get into something that is very dangerous like behind the tv or if they run out in the street.

MelaniesMama
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:28 PM

I honestly probably would have done the same thing.  And maybe it scared him enough he wont do it again?

TamaraAnn888
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Your not a bad mom,my 17 month old son did it when he was a few months old and started getting his teeth.I did the samething and felt like shit but it happenends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)