Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think there is something wrong with my husband.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:44 PM
  • 19 Replies

He is going fishing...........

He has never fished a day in his life!!!!

AND they are going out on a boat....none of the guys have even operated a boat and are going to take a course in boat safety. Um isn't that sort of illegal? I mean they don't make boat licenses for nothing|

AND that is even worse for him because he cannot swim! I told him not to fall off the boat, and he said if he does he can doggy paddle.

Oh boy.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Men...once they set their minds to something they'll do it no matter what..

Mommyto6under7
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Wow, lol. I would so not be ok with my husband going.

beans13
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Yep....last week we were having tornado's (we NEVER get tornado's - I live in Toronto, Canada) and severe thunder storms but he left to go to his band rehearsal....  I was like "uh try not to get blown away".... can't tell them anything.

happymom_0307
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM

In SC as long as you're over 15 you can drive a boat.  No class or liscence required.  My dh just decided to start fishing.  We bought a boat about a month ago and decided to take up a new hobby.

The boat has to have a type II flotation device on it, plus a life jacket for each person on the boat.  They'll be fine  :)

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Quoting Mommyto6under7:

lol why? I don't really care. He is out of town anyways. I told him to be careful and if he happens to fall off the boat i said he can rest assured i would spend the life insurance money quite nicely.

momofboys631
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:49 PM

My fiance decided to drive to Mexico today....lol.....I couldn't stop him!!

baseballtoddler boybaby boy

Mom To 3 Rowdy Boys

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:50 PM

He will need a "fishing license", too.  And tell him to make sure to wear a life jacket.

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Quoting happymom_0307:

In SC as long as you're over 15 you can drive a boat.  No class or liscence required.  My dh just decided to start fishing.  We bought a boat about a month ago and decided to take up a new hobby.

The boat has to have a type II flotation device on it, plus a life jacket for each person on the boat.  They'll be fine  :)

from how i understood it,  the place that rents the boats makes them watch a 15 minute video then sign a waiver basically saying if you die your family cannot sue us for your stupidity.

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

He will need a "fishing license", too.  And tell him to make sure to wear a life jacket.

he says he bought one at a walmart.

I guess walmart really DOES sell everything!

tonisalex
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:55 PM

rolling on floorThat is what I would be doing. Well hope he dont pick up a new hobby, cause you can become a weekend widow to fishing, have been there to many times.

Quoting edwardsgirl:

Quoting Mommyto6under7:

lol why? I don't really care. He is out of town anyways. I told him to be careful and if he happens to fall off the boat i said he can rest assured i would spend the life insurance money quite nicely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)