Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I called the police! ***Edited****Update***

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM
  • 379 Replies

I was driving home from picking DS up from school, and theres a guy drinking a bud light right next to me... Not trying to hide it or anything!!!!  So I called the non emergency number and reported him! I hope they get him... It was 4 in the afternoon for God sakes!!!!! Seriously dude!

Ok, I was in the car at a light, my DS said something to me, I looked over! Its not like I'm driving around w/ my head up my ass looking into everyone's windows. Dude took a sip while my head was turned! I saw the can. If I wouldnt have been talking to my son at the light I more than likely wouldnt have noticed!

I live in Texas, the law is you are NOT supposed to have an open container in your vehicle! I know that people in my area have gotten in trouble for having open beers in the bed of their pick up with that back window open!

If I knew the guy and it was his first beer I wouldnt have said anything, but I didnt know him, and I dont know how many beers he had or will have! I'm not going to endanger the lives of innocent kids because I dont want to bother calling the police to report some IDIOT who is drinking in his f***ing truck!

If he wanted a beer he should have waited until he got home! How hard is that? For the woman who said he may have wanted a cold drink, what happened to water, iced tea, lemonade???

**Update**

I called the police station to see if they did catch the guy today. The officer I spoke to didnt know anything about it :( But I gave him more information (make/model and licence plate #)just in case that guy is still out driving around.I told the dispacher the wrong model vehicle. So thats probably why he wasnt caught. I wish I would have called back sooner.

Thanks to the women who actual understand why I called. And to the 2 or 3 that dont... I'm sorry, I hope you NEVER have to go through losing someone to a drunk driver. Its hard. Especially if that someone is a kid and/or your kids admired the person that was harmed.

Like I said I lost a cousin to a drunk driver, I have seen first hand what it does to families. I have watched my aunt buy presents every Christmas and birthday for a daughter she no longer has. I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy....

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illiana707
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Was he drinking while driving? Or was he a passenger?

SiMommie
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Good for you!!!

cutebaby06
by Monica on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Yea so,was he hurting anyone?&where was he drinking it?

tretresmom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Quoting illiana707:

432mommy

Quoting cutebaby06:

Yea so,was he hurting anyone?

ummm... Seriously??? Yeah he was he could have been drunk for all I know drivig around town when CHILDREN are being let out of school! Sorry I have had friends and relatives killed by drunk driving! Not cool....

JGLeagones

LOL You go girl

Im all about the advocacy of drinkers

Drunk drivin is what I like to do..I wanna be drunk drivin with youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quoting cutebaby06:

How`s my pregnancy doing?

Blinkie Text Generator at TextSpace.net
432mommy

Quoting illiana707:

He was driving

cutebaby06
by Monica on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Ok,if he was driving,yes bad thing.

Quoting JGLeagones:

LOL You go girl

Im all about the advocacy of drinkers

Drunk drivin is what I like to do..I wanna be drunk drivin with youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quoting cutebaby06:

RmeWifey01
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:52 PM

If he was driving then he very well COULD hurt or KILL somebody! I'm guessing that's the OP's point. OP good for you! Was it in CT by any chance?

Quoting cutebaby06:

Yea so,was he hurting anyone?&where was he drinking it?

momofboys631
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Its illegal regardless!

Quoting illiana707:

baseballtoddler boybaby boy

Mom To 3 Rowdy Boys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)