Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taurus 45 (guns) (*Edited)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:54 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm looking for a handgun to carry and am looking at the Taurus 45 millenium.  Has anyone ever shot it before?  What is your opinion?  Any other opinions on what handgun is your favorite welcome too!!!

Ok, so I went shooting on Saturday and I still can't decide.  We are looking at the Keltec 9 mm and the Taurus 45 Millenium.  As far as comfort shooting it, it's a tie. The 9mm is smaller and easier to carry and conceal but, I was more accurate with the 45 and like the additional safety feature on it.  Do I go with ease of concealment or with accuracy and safety??

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abbynzachsmommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I am not a fan of the Taurus, personally, although I am a fan of the .45 in general, particularly a 1911. The one I have is custom built (my dad is a gunsmith). Glocks are good guns, easy to shoot and virtually indestructible. I also like Kimber and Sigs. My dad would suggest something smaller than a .45 to carry (if you are considering CC) since a tactical .45 is going to really pack a punch because of the caliber in a smaller frame gun.  I have a small .32 revolver that I like pretty good that is easy to conceal. Although my first love is still my 1911.

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Pregnant with baby #3? join us! ~ Pregnant again!...baby#3

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

humanjunglegym
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Quoting abbynzachsmommy:

I am not a fan of the Taurus, personally, although I am a fan of the .45 in general, particularly a 1911. The one I have is custom built (my dad is a gunsmith). Glocks are good guns, easy to shoot and virtually indestructible. I also like Kimber and Sigs. My dad would suggest something smaller than a .45 to carry (if you are considering CC) since a tactical .45 is going to really pack a punch because of the caliber in a smaller frame gun.  I have a small .32 revolver that I like pretty good that is easy to conceal. Although my first love is still my 1911.

Thank you!  I am looking at the Taurus because I cant afford a Glock right now.  And I am looking to carry so I want something small.  I love the Springfield 45 but it's too big to carry.  I tried the Keltec 9 mm and didn't care for it.

airforce_wife24
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM

My hubby has a .45 XD which he HIGHLY recommends !!! He loves that gun !! He also owns glocks which are nice and shoot so beautifully. I own a Walther P22 which I LOVE !!! Personally for me, it's just the right size and I love the safety features on it. Don't get me wrong the guns my hubby has are all locked up but I still feel more comfortable with my Walther. I also have a weapons permit, so unless I am going to the base, I carry it with me.

Quoting abbynzachsmommy:

roxy85
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Go for acuracy and safety. When it comes down to it, you can get a bigger bag to carry it in haha...

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

humanjunglegym
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Quoting roxy85:

Go for acuracy and safety. When it comes down to it, you can get a bigger bag to carry it in haha...

Lol.  And you can NEVER have too many or too big of a bag! LOL

humanjunglegym
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 9:27 PM

bump

shabby.chic
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

My hubs says the 45 is too much gun to carry. Better off with the 9 mm

God loves everyone, but probably prefers 'fruits of the spirit' over 'religious nuts'.
He who angers you controls you.
God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.
God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead.  So why should you?

madisonfraser
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

The Taurus .45 is hands down one of my favorite guns. And you can always get a bigger bag!

FaerieMommie23
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I would have to go with the safety and accuracy. If you need to use it to defend your family accuracy would be important and safety is even more important if you have children.

djlancedance
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

nothing better than a beretta 9

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)