Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena IUD and Miscarriage or Twins???

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am 3 weeks pregnant. I got my IUD taken out the end of July. We basically got pregnant right away. I talked to a friend today, who told me he doctor told her if you get the Mirena IUD removed and get pregnant to fast you will either have a miscarriage or twins....That doesn't made sound right. But I reaserched it, because I've been having dull, sharp cramps everytime I get stressed out. I says online, that "if the IUD is in and you find out you are pregnant, you could most likely have a miscarriage." Did this happen to anyone. Getting pregnant right away, and the baby was it healthy??? Please tell me it worked???

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
krisalynn
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM

bump

iluvmylilmen
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM

bump

geminishadow79
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I"m not a doctor, not even close, but it that doesn't sound right to me.  It might up your chances of miscarriage but why would it up your chances of twins?  Doesn't sound like a scientifically sound theory to me

Missy_Dye
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:22 PM

that doesn't sound true i would be asking my doctor or calling them and asking them the truth...

terrabiglieri
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:26 PM

You got pregnant after it was taken out, so you wouldnt have a miscarriage because of the IUD. If it was in place when you got pregnant your chances of miscarriage are high when they take it out. Ive never heard of the twin thing, that has everything to do with your ovulation.... I got pregnant a week after my iud was taken out, and my DD was healthy and is 3 1/2 yrs old now. 

AFWifeNMom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:26 PM

If you get pregnant while it is in, you could have a mc. but if you get pregnant shortly after it comes out, you should be fine. As for twins, that is just crazy

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
juggalo_steph
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:27 PM

i would think its because your body might be releasing extra eggs while it gets back to a regular cycle

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I have heard rumors like that, but I have also known women that were pregnant and had to have their IUD removed that continued on with normal, healthy pregnancies... with one baby :)

myspace commentsPhotobucket

myspace commentsPhotobucket

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:38 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)