Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help with a care package for hubby!!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

my DH wants me to send him a camera while he is deployed so he can take pics and send them to us...but im wondering if there is a good inexpensive camera I can get him...and if there is such a thing as a $50 camera to send..lol nothing with batteries since they eat up the batteries ...thank you all soo much!!

Mommies of Whiteman AFB, those PCSing or those who are interested in Whiteman hoping to do a base exchange

Come Join!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/WhitemanAFB

ItalianCouture7siggy-SS.gif picture by protogirl17

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
YvonnesMommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:44 PM

I had the hubby take our old digital camera... it had a rechargable battery so he was good to go.  why not send him disposable cameras so you don't have to worry about batteries? 

CafeMom Tickers
jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Kodak makes a cheaper camera....not sure if it's as low as $50.

But just remember, on something like a camera...the cheaper you go...the less you get...and that entails features as well as quality.

Also look for one that has a RECHARGABLE battery :)

jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:45 PM

I thought about disposable too...but if he wants to send pictures through email and stuff....it makes him have to get it developed and put on a cd...It's obviously possible...just less convenient

Quoting YvonnesMommy:

I had the hubby take our old digital camera... it had a rechargable battery so he was good to go.  why not send him disposable cameras so you don't have to worry about batteries? 

mommywife06
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Look on amazon.com They have the kodak camera with the dock printer its like $73 though. But look on there. Or walmart has nice cameras.

jakjasjon
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:48 PM

You know you can find some really nice used DSLR & point and shot cameras on Ebay and Craiglist. I recommend Canon if he wants something easy to use that takes great pictures.

Kadensmommy321
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Look at the PX, they usually have a few under $100. I don't know if they have any for about $50, but you never know. I got a kodak for like $80 a few years ago and it still works great.

MedicMommyAnne
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:56 PM

I would look on www.overstock.com  you can get some really great deals on cameras there.  good luck

Italiancouture7
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:57 PM

thank you ladies sooo much!! im gonna check out some of these places and see what I can find!

megarooniduh
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM

This is the camera I have. It's not under $50, but it is worth every penny! It does not use regular batteries, it uses a battery that you have to charge by plugging into the wall. It comes with the charger and everything. It also has anti shake, so you can shake the camera while you taking a pic, and it comes up like a regular picture, not blurry! I really suggest it! :D 

Ready for this? I am an 18 year old, graduated from high school, exclusively breastfeeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, baby signing, no CIO believing, vaxing, extended rear facing, delaying solids, organic feeding, unwed (but dating the father of my child for going on 3 years), stay at home, mommy of a 1 year old little booger that says mama & dada! With plans to continue my education as a Registered Nurse, be the best mom I can be, and change the stereo-type for teenage parents!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)