Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Product Testers

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have seen on here a few times, moms who have gotten awesome products, from Cafemom, to test and report on. I was wondering how this works. Are they chosen at random or picked from being members of certain groups. Or if it works some other way. Thanks!

I am Magen,  a 21 year old, former teen mommy with two children(Amon and Ryan),married to(Dustin) the father of both my children,high school graduate, exclusively & extended public breastfeeding (with no cover), baby wearing, co-sleeping, CIO is cruel, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, vaccinating, circumcising, thumb sucking encouraging, disposable diaper using, lets my kids trash the house, then picks it up for them, going to public school, doesn't force church but believes in God, goes to bed angry, does not fold laundry, loves to organize, listen to heavy metal and country, reads constantly, plays world of war craft with my husband, pro-life, child abuse survivor(NOT victim), republican, soon-to-be home owning, living my American dream, stay at home mommy!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
isra1986
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:00 PM

It's chosen randomly. I have got Aveeno lotion and an awesome carseat from First Years! And a free photobook from Snapfish!

ramadan mubarak

clovismommy25
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:02 PM

That is awesome, I was in the preschool playroom group and got some toys from an offer, but so many ordered more than allowed, made fake accounts to get extra. I think they stopped doing it, but the toys are wonderful. My daycare kids and oldest DS still play with them daily!

Quoting isra1986:

It's chosen randomly. I have got Aveeno lotion and an awesome carseat from First Years! And a free photobook from Snapfish!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:03 PM

From what i understand  they choose at random based on how active you are within the group.  I was chosen for the Juicy Juice product and it was nice, CM sent my family coupons for it.

Lilcountrygrl86
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Quoting isra1986:

Thats soo cool...how does it work though??? Dose cm send you a message first? Or the group owner? Just curious...

isra1986
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:10 PM

You get a message in your inbox from Cafemom saying you have been chosen and you have so long to fill out the request form with your address. Then when they ship it, they send you another message leting you know and another message when they make the group specifically for moms who have been chosen.

Quoting Lilcountrygrl86:

Quoting isra1986:

Thats soo cool...how does it work though??? Dose cm send you a message first? Or the group owner? Just curious...

ramadan mubarak

MedicMommyAnne
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Quoting Lilcountrygrl86:

Quoting isra1986:

You get a message telling you that you have been selected, then it tells you to email them your name and address.  later they send a confirmation.

mamadrama07
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Here's a link that talks more about it:

http://www.cafemom.com/about/influencer_faq.php 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)