Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DJ AM found dead

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM
  • 13 Replies

Club-owner and celebrity scratcher Adam Goldstein, who was far better known by the moniker DJ AM, was found dead Friday morning in his New York apartment, E! News has confirmed. He was 36.

Details have been sparse so far, but the New York Fire Department has confirmed that a body was discovered at Goldstein's Lafayette Street address at 5:24 p.m. and was pronounced dead at 6 p.m. The body was not transported from the scene afterward.

The New York Post, citing NYPD insiders, have reported that drug paraphernalia was found near the body.

Goldstein, who along with Travis Barker survived a fiery plane crash that killed four others last year, had recently finished shooting an eight-episode series for MTV about addiction, Gone Too Far, in which he opened up about his past struggles with substance abuse.

Within minutes of the news breaking, Barker's ex, Shanna Moakler, had tweeted: "My deepest condolences for DJ AM, you were a great artist and will be severely missed. My thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends."

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraKW
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Wow, I had not heard!  Peace to him and his family.

mom2mygirls
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:46 PM

So sad!!  I just don't get why famous people have to do so many drugs.  He had a second chance in life after the plane crash but I guess he didn't look at it that way.....

VictinaG
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:48 PM

wow... i hadn't heard either crazy...

Don't Forget to Smile!!

Vantrice
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Quoting mom2mygirls:

So sad!!  I just don't get why famous people have to do so many drugs.  He had a second chance in life after the plane crash but I guess he didn't look at it that way.....

Seriously..... not too many people get to actually survive a plane crash.  Hope he had his life right.

amandaeastman
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM

WOW so crazy

channingsmom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

RIP DJ Am

LuvmySFSGT
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Quoting mom2mygirls:

I can imagine that addiction would be very hard to overcome...especially after seeing people die and almost dying yourself.

2gud2btrue
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:09 PM

i just read this and was coming to post.  I'm really saddened for him.  I hope he is at peace :(

MrS96sS
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:09 PM

woah crazy get a second chance at life after surviving a plane crash and go kill urself doing drugs!

LauraKW
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Quoting mom2mygirls:

I can imagine that addiction would be very hard to overcome...especially after seeing people die and almost dying yourself.

I believe he had some serious burns from the crash - 3rd degree.  It would be awful if he had gotten himself clean, and then had to take pain meds because of the burns.  Just guessing about him, but a lot of people have fallen off the wagon that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)