Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your pick me up?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

I know we all have pick me ups, things just make your day a little brighter.

I am feeling especially lonely today, I miss having friends in the city I live in. I miss my family and being able to just hop in the car and go see them. My 1 month old has been fussy all day and won't let me lay him down. Just having one of those days, where I would like to crawl back in bed. 

So when you are having a down day like this, what do you do to bring your happiness back up. Now that I have a child, things have changed, I can't just go out with friends to make me happy.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MacksScrub
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:48 PM

hair care products... lol... shampoos and conditioners mostly.. but anything from those to scrunching gels, to hair sprays....

cjsmom0206
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM

It depends. If it's a really bad day or week, shopping is my pick me up. Buying myself a treat, or buying toys for the kids. If the hubs was here I like to pick things up for him too.

When he's having a particularly bad day he comes home from work with presents for the kids. It makes him feel better. 

MariaLovesArt
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:50 PM

McDonalds large diet coke for 1 dollar. Perfect amount of carbonation and caffeine.

mommabird16
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:54 PM

My pick me up is working out, I always feel so much better about myself. it's on the really bad days I make myself do it and I always feel better.

mommytohuddy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:39 PM

thanks for the ideas.. my day just got even worse though. my mom just called to tell me when they got home tonight our family dog had passed away. We knew she was getting older, and the past few days she hadn't been acting like herself...but still it's hard to know she won't be there next time I go to their house.

wildtamer
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I am sorry to hear about your dog.  I know a pet can be like a member of the family.

This is my pick me up. 

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

exceptalilfish
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:48 PM

crystal meth.

exceptalilfish
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:48 PM

lmao jk

LiChanelsMommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I read! It takes me to a different world so I don't have to live in one that is upsetting me for at least an hour... I also take a hot bath and drink mountain dew! 

JuJuBeMe30
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Cleaning and music are my pick me ups lol...When I'm upset or sad I just start cleaning and for some weird reason it makes me happy. ^_^ 

LilypieLilypie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)