Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who does it???

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:01 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: who gives your kids a bath

Options:

mom

dad

both - (how offten do each of you do it)

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

Ok so hubby and i had it out kinda today after dinner.  i asked him if he could give our 2 year old a bath and he right away said NO I dont feel like it so snotty.   i was taken back a little by his responce I do everything for our son and he helps very little.  he plays plenty with him and spends time with him but when it comes to  taking care of him its all me.  i got bitchy because im sorry you can help out its not like i ask offten. he think cause im a stay at home mom he has no responsibilities.  he then started in i dont ask you to clean the pool and weed whack.  i simply responded i dont ask you to wash the kitchen floor,, do the dishes, dust, vaccume,  clean the bathrooms, laundry.........   Im stil angry because he literally didnt get why i was mad. did i mention im 8 months pregnant and just extremely tired today! 

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziggy-Stardust
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:03 PM

We both do it but its usually me. However, i think your husband is wrong for thinking he doesnt have to help with your son because you stay at home. He could have helped you, at least this once.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

averiensmommy07
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I usually do but only because I love to. 

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I do it most of the time because I have more time.  But if I ask or if he sees that I am busy he will take care of it.

I'm sorry hun.  Maybe you can get him to rub your feet later?

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket  Photobucket

isra1986

I do. DH has maybe 10 times in her 18 months. But he works 14 hours a day and is rarely home for bath time.

ramadan mubarak

theRonimal

At first I was reading and thinking "Yeah, ya know..same old fight, everyone goes through it"..but 8 months pregnant? that's just messed up! he SHOULD help!!!

shellbell75
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Whether you are 8 months pregnant or not, he's still being an ass.

CamdensMom12
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I usually do. Actually, I always do! lol But I think ur husband is being unreasonable and kinda a jerk! My hubby will feed him before bed at least.

chloesmommy0208

I do most of the time because dh is working alot during the week. But when he is home on the weekends he will give dd her bath or help me. I love giving dd a bath.

Mommy2LPK

I give the bath, and then hand them off to daddy to dress them, and then i do teeth and hair.

some nights, not many, but a few he has done baths while im at work.

With my first though, I did everything ... after the second one he started helping out ALOT more. I hope it's the same for you. Your going to need it =] 

in love toddler boy toddler girl baby girl

KokoJones

we do it about fifty fifty. though lately with my nausea my hubs has been doing it more than me lol

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)