Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Read this maybe you can make sense of it and no God didn't tell me to post this.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:25 PM
  • 28 Replies

I've always found it odd that some crazy people use god as a reason why they commit murder and such. It is also funny that people think that people who do this are even more crazy because they say " god told me to do it" which I did get either. If I said God saved my life by telling me to do xyz everyone would say praise God etc.

Is there some designated mental illness that causes people to blame it on God? Why God? I don't get it.

OK maybe this post isn't making sense lol.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I think it is people looking for an excuse to do bad things. Twisting religion into something it isn't to justify it in themselves.

ramadan mubarak

RheaF
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Again?

MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Some psychologist have actually proven that these people really believe that God told them to do it.Even when the person is committed they continue to believe it..

Quoting isra1986:

I think it is people looking for an excuse to do bad things. Twisting religion into something it isn't to justify it in themselves.

JGLeagones
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM

People need an excuse so they dont sound like the lone culprit..

And some people turn to religion after they murder, so then can feel absolved..whatever, lol

How`s my pregnancy doing?

Blinkie Text Generator at TextSpace.net
MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I've never seen this posted here but I would love a link so I can read the responses and delete this.

Quoting RheaF:

Again?

MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM

But crazy people don't make excuses. Maybe a sane person who is trying to act crazy might use it as an excuse lol IDK

Quoting JGLeagones:

People need an excuse so they dont sound like the lone culprit..

And some people turn to religion after they murder, so then can feel absolved..whatever, lol

CaneWife
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Some people are actually mentally unbalanced.

And sometimes, people commit great atrocities in the name of god.

Both are tragic.

SpiritFortress
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

When the little voices tell one to do bad things one may be schizophrenic. When the little voices tell one to do good or bad things it may also just be regular conversational banter one has with oneself when he or she is deciding what to do. God is just an excuse or a reason people make up to explain something when they believe it to be so, even though I believe that's living in fairy land. :)

But whatever gets one through the day....

MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM

I agree very tragic. I just can't make sense out of why God? Could it be religion abuse from being brought up under strong religious influences?

Quoting CaneWife:

Some people are actually mentally unbalanced.

And sometimes, people commit great atrocities in the name of god.

Both are tragic.

UncondtnlLove
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Oh yeah, I remember, the title of the post was "Is Religion an Excuse?". It was a couple of days ago I think.

Quoting MAMAOF2ANGELS:

I've never seen this posted here but I would love a link so I can read the responses and delete this.

Quoting RheaF:

Again?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)