Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zucchini

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

can i freeze zucchini? I bought too much at farmer's market and i don't want it to go bad.  Also i need recipes for zucchini,

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
2gud2btrue
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM

i've never frozen it but there are a TON of things you can do with it.  stir-fry a bunch up with olive oil and whatever veggies you dig and eat it with rice and soy, make zucchini bread, make soup and add some.  those are the most common things i do with it, but when i need inspiration i always hit up the food network site.

Stacie03
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I know you can if you shred it first.  I don't think it would work whole, not sure about chunks though.  But shredded yes.  Oh and I'll take a slice of zucchini bread if your making some :)

RheaF
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I shread mine  then freexe it. I take it out to make Zuchinni bread. I will see if I can find the reciape for yah. Its a great and healthy dessert.

AngelRT
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM

YES YES YES!!!  I LOVE Zuchinni! I grew it this year and had way too much! I do this all the time!

I dice mine into chunks (smaller) then I just throw it into a ziplock bag! I sautee it with eggs and for dinner!

ColieO

Zucchini bread!!!

I put zuchini and squash in my pot roast. But add it about halfway through so it doesn't get too mushy. Makes everything taste better!

Cookies, grilled veggies, topping on pasta and in soups.

aarkat

shredded zucchini makes great zucchini pancakes

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Click here to see tips on freezing Zucchini

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf676463.tip.html

Also google recipes  :)  There are tons!

Christy78
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Zucchini Bread

3cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking powder

3 teaspoons ground cinnamon

3 eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

21/4 cup sugar

3 teaspoons vanilla

2 cups grated zucchini

1 cup walnuts   ( If you want walnuts in it )

Grease and flour two 8x4 inch pans Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F

shift flour,salt baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl

Beat eggs,oilvaillaandsugarin a large bowl add the shift flour to the creamed mixture and beat well stir  the zucchini and nuts Pour the batter bake for 40 to 60 mintes or  the center comes out clena  cool for 20 minutes Remove for pan and cool .

butterflyblu
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Yes, you can freeze zucchini.  My mom does it all the time because they have a large garden.  She freezes squash too.  She just slices it, puts it in a freezer bag, and puts it in the freezer.  You can also freeze zucchini bread too.   Or shred it and freeze it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)