Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you havent got your school books yet.. *edit*

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

my fiance started school last monday and his books were over 500 so we looked at amazon.com and we were going to buy them there for like 350. well i found a site called chegg.com and you buy books for SO CHEAP and then at the end of the semester yousend them back. free shipping and they send you boxes to ship them back in. we got all 5 books for 200! we saved almost 350 dollars from what we originally thought we would have to pay! i know it is late to get your books, but maybe this will help you next semester or something.

i forgot to add, for every book you buy they plant a tree! how cool is that?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Do you get a refund of the money you paid?

exceptalilfish
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:47 PM

bump for edit

SusanD
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Quoting edwardsgirl:

No, chegg is a book rental business...so you do not actually own the books.

exceptalilfish
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:51 PM

i didnt even see her question! lol i am out of it tonight. yeah they dont give you the money back..but if you buy books online you cant sell the back to the bookstore and we are just too lazy to every sell them on ebay or amazon so this works for us. especially because right now the top we could spend on books was 250 and we were in a panic wondering how we would buy the others. this saved us!

Quoting SusanD:

Quoting edwardsgirl:

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Quoting SusanD:

Quoting edwardsgirl:

well is it even worth it then?

I mean 200 dollars still seems like a lot of money,especially if you do not own them. KWIM?

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM

It's cheaper than $500 though. Who honestly looks at their college texts again once the class is over? I did maybe once or twice. The college refunds were always a joke to me. You never got back nearly what you paid for them brand new.

I myself started doing Amazon.com and E-Bay. Some of my books I was even able to check out at the library. It saved me SO MUCH $$ in college. I put my own text books on Amazon too.

Quoting edwardsgirl:

Quoting SusanD:

Quoting edwardsgirl:

I mean 200 dollars still seems like a lot of money,especially if you do not own them. KWIM?

SusanD
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I order most of my textbooks online, and then I sell them online to someone else. I may spend a few hundred on them per semester, but I typically make back at least 60-75% of it back. Once in a blue moon I will make as little as 50% back but at least I am getting a good chunk of my money back.

Quoting KairisMama:

It's cheaper than $500 though. Who honestly looks at their college texts again once the class is over? I did maybe once or twice. The college refunds were always a joke to me. You never got back nearly what you paid for them brand new.

I myself started doing Amazon.com and E-Bay. Some of my books I was even able to check out at the library. It saved me SO MUCH $$ in college. I put my own text books on Amazon too.

Quoting edwardsgirl:

Quoting SusanD:

Quoting edwardsgirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)