Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to know but I dont want to know but I can't stop thinking about it...does anyone know?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

The pastor in Oklahoma that was killed....all I keep reading is how the crime was "horrific" and the "worst the DA had seen."

Does anyone know what happened to the poor woman.  I dont really want to know but at the same time I wonder what (other then the fact that any muder I would consider horrific) is so different about this one?  I even read they were telling other churches to be on alert. 

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:44 PM
I never heard anything about this.

ramadan mubarak

LauraKW
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Huh?  I haven't heard anything...

2gud2btrue
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:46 PM

(CNN) -- A 61-year-old Oklahoma pastor likely died from "multiple sharp force injuries," according to an autopsy report CNN obtained Friday.

Carol Daniels, a 61-year-old pastor, was found dead Sunday at a church in Anadarko, Oklahoma.

Carol Daniels, a 61-year-old pastor, was found dead Sunday at a church in Anadarko, Oklahoma.

Click to view previous image
1 of 2
Click to view next image

Carol Daniels, a pastor from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, had injuries to her back, breasts, hands and neck, the report from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said.

The report called the death a homicide.

Investigators in Oklahoma have offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the responsible person. A local prosecutor has described the crime scene as "horrific."

Daniels traveled many Sundays to Anadarko, Oklahoma, about 50 miles southwest of her home, to Christ Holy Sanctified Church "in case people came in to worship," her son, Alvin Daniels, told CNN.

Investigators found her body inside the church around noon on Sunday.

District Attorney Bret Burns called the crime scene the worst he'd seen in 17 years as a prosecutor, but he would not say why. He also declined to comment about a possible motive.

Jessica Brown, a spokeswoman for Oklahoma's State Bureau of Investigation, said the body was "staged" after the killing, but she declined to say more. She said investigators have some "promising" leads, but a bureau statement says police have no suspects.

The pastor's son described her as a loving mother.

"She was always joking with us and always taking care of us, even giving her last dollar even if she didn't have it," Alvin Daniels said on HLN's "Nancy Grace."

He said she took precautions at the church.

"She was very cautious for the most part and she would usually leave the door open in case people came to worship," he said.

The death has unnerved religious leaders in Anadarko, said Ted Mercer, pastor of Grace Christian Fellowship, which is about three blocks from the church were Daniel's body was found.

Burns met with several religious leaders this week. He urged them to be observant and have a security plan in place at their churches, Mercer said.

lace209
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:47 PM

They are not saying much on the news. Basically just that her body was placed in an unnatural position after death. I haven't heard the cause of death yet.

LadyTay
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:53 PM

I have not heard anything but my pastor has been telling us about people killing christian all over the world....

Thank You,
Shaunta Sanchez Independent Consultant for DiamondCreek Candles
Make Every Room Smile, or Start Working at Home for FREE
http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/consultants/uid/ladytay

WLNL0507
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:57 PM

A 61-year-old Oklahoma pastor likely died from "multiple sharp force injuries," according to an autopsy report CNN obtained Friday. Carol Daniels, a pastor from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, had injuries to her back, breasts, hands and neck, the report from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said. 

From reading the article, it seems she was stabbed to death.

2gud2btrue
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:09 PM

i know that was actually an update from what i had read earlier, but you would think that the police force and DA have seen stabbings before kwim?

Quoting WLNL0507:

A 61-year-old Oklahoma pastor likely died from "multiple sharp force injuries," according to an autopsy report CNN obtained Friday. Carol Daniels, a pastor from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, had injuries to her back, breasts, hands and neck, the report from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said. 

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Maybe the fact that someone had enough balls to go and commit such a crime inside such a safe place? Noone ever thinks of someone murdering another person inside a church. I doubt we hear much about this, they are trying to keep some things quiet because only law enforcement and the killer would know some things, makes it easier to pin point someone down. Last i heard they had a person of interest.

2gud2btrue
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:28 PM

that's good to know.  i know i have a tendency to have a hard time getting some things out of my mind...but this one just really bothered me for some reason. 

now i know why i avoid the news lol.

Quoting edwardsgirl:

Maybe the fact that someone had enough balls to go and commit such a crime inside such a safe place? Noone ever thinks of someone murdering another person inside a church. I doubt we hear much about this, they are trying to keep some things quiet because only law enforcement and the killer would know some things, makes it easier to pin point someone down. Last i heard they had a person of interest.

WLNL0507
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Yeah, I see what you are saying.  Maybe its what she was stabbed with? Or the amount of times she was stabbed?   I know where I live they have pretty much seen everything, but, maybe this was a little town in Oklahoma that rarely witnesses crimes?  Hopefully the woman is resting in peace now.....

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

i know that was actually an update from what i had read earlier, but you would think that the police force and DA have seen stabbings before kwim?

Quoting WLNL0507:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)