Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

family plan which is best?????

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:52 PM
  • 17 Replies

ok been debating on which cell comapny to go with been posting a lot and now i just flat out wanna know which has the best family plan??? i want unlimted texting incoming outgoing and internet. and i want to put hubby on and cancel home phone so where should we go?? ?what is cheapest and best????

I'm a bible beliving church going christian who spanks vax's cosleeps,NONcio,lets my child watch tv and works hard for my money mommy this is me take it or leave it  

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauraluann
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:54 PM

We have Verizon family plan for hubby and I.  We have Internet, unlimited text/pic messaging, and 700 shared minutes.  We pay $130/month.

Oh and of course free nights & weekends.  Also the unlimited network calling.

momof525
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM

We've been using Cricket for yrs and love it! Everything is unlimited, we pay $70/mon with no overages for 2 lines. Also now you can have really nice 'smart phones' flashed over to Cricket my DH has a Palm Treo with touch screen, it's a good plan. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
butterflyblu
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:00 PM

We have a Verizon family plan and I have no complaints.  We have 2 lines, a text message package (not unlimited) where we each get 300 messages a month, unlimited mobile to mobile calling and texting, free nights and weekends, and we share 1000 minutes a month I think?  It could be 900.  We don't do internet.  Our bill is about $100 a month. 

ILive4This
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:02 PM
We have att..4 phones..unlimited texting..one is an I phone so thats 30 bucks more..one other has unlimited internet..we pay about $200 a month...very good service..signal almost anywhere..
orionsmom1
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Well, I work at AT&T, so I know for a fact it is the best :) No, really, it is... we have "more bars in more places" With AT&T you'll never be charged for roaming because we pay other carriers to allow you to roam at no cost to you. As for pricing, let me just say, you get what you pay for. With that being said, for your husband and yourself, you could get unlimited family texting, 1400 minutes, and unlimited internet for BOTH of your phones for $120 a month + tax. AND for only $20 more a month, you can get have an iPhone which is on sale for only $99 right now (the 8g 3g) with a bundle package of accessories including your choice of the Apple care protection plan, Mobile Me, cases, carriers, docks, chargers, earphones, speakers, screen protectors, and more!

HouseKatof2
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:04 PM

We have used Cricket for years. I love it and have no desire to change... ever.

My hubby and I both have a phone with unlimited min, voicemail, call waiting, 3 way calling (we never use, but part of the package), unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited texting, unlimited web access, and the phones work in any Cricket area.

We pay $90 a month for two phones with all those features. 

"It is in our obligation to endure that we achieve the right to know."
~My Dad 

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" 
~Fredrick Douglass

AngelRT
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM

BOOST MOBILE! I explained it earlier in your other post! I promise you it is awesome for the money!!! I have unlimited everything for 50.00 a month - No more fees!!!

orionsmom1
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:09 PM

That's a great deal that you're getting, but the key words here are "you get get service in any cricket area". That's where the trouble comes in; what if she is not in a cricket area, or even if she is, what if she decides to go outside of it? With AT&T, you can go virtually anywhere and still have great coverage for only 30 a month more than what you are paying. PLUS, we have tons of great new products such as the netbook, for which you can pay $199 for the computer, and only $60 a month for internet anywhere and everywhere AT&T service is available, which is virtually anywhere. AND, AT&T offers U-Verse services which are completely amazing and very cost efficient... we are even offering up to $275 in cash back to customers who are switching from local cable providers.

Quoting HouseKatof2:

We have used Cricket for years. I love it and have no desire to change... ever.

My hubby and I both have a phone with unlimited min, voicemail, call waiting, 3 way calling (we never use, but part of the package), unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited texting, unlimited web access, and the phones work in any Cricket area.

We pay $90 a month for two phones with all those features. 

clovismommy25

We have boost mobile, $50 unlimited everything! We LOVE IT!!

I am Magen,  a 21 year old, former teen mommy with two children(Amon and Ryan),married to(Dustin) the father of both my children,high school graduate, exclusively & extended public breastfeeding (with no cover), baby wearing, co-sleeping, CIO is cruel, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, vaccinating, circumcising, thumb sucking encouraging, disposable diaper using, lets my kids trash the house, then picks it up for them, going to public school, doesn't force church but believes in God, goes to bed angry, does not fold laundry, loves to organize, listen to heavy metal and country, reads constantly, plays world of war craft with my husband, pro-life, child abuse survivor(NOT victim), republican, soon-to-be home owning, living my American dream, stay at home mommy!

reelo

We have AT&T and, other then the fact we have dead zones all over its not been bad.  Price wise we have two phones and pay like $90/ month.  What saves us is, since we mainly call each other and those calls are free we do fine on a lower minute plan.  I dunno though, we are planning on shopping around when our contract is up in November.

Honestly, ask around and find out what gets the best reception where you are. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)