Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I a Bad person?? Feel Free to be Honest and Blunt if U want... I REALLY NEED TO KNOW!!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:48 PM
  • 22 Replies

Ok So Im Prego... But I haven't told anyone in my family... NOT even my SO... He took it SOOO hard when we lost our first one... EVEN harder that I did.... I just wanna make sure everything is ok first!!! Should I tell him?? Someone told me I was a Bad person and Fiance for not telling him yet!!!

Basically AM I a bad person for not atleast telling him??

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
savannahnhi
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:50 PM

No you are not a bad mom for that.  It is hard.  I hope everything will be ok.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Well, me personally can't keep anything like that in, so kudos for keeping it on the DL!  If you think that it would worry him or devastate him in any way, I might hold off HOWEVER if you think it would hurt his feelings that you kept it from him, then I would say something right away.  Only you know him and how he would react either way! 

Btw, congrats!  Many wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

isra1986
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I found out yesterday and haven't told DH. I don't plan on telling him for quite a while.
He was a mess in my first trimester with DD and I can't take that again! He was soooo worried and I don't like people to fuss over me!

ramadan mubarak

gypsymama532
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:53 PM

You're not a bad person, but if something (god forbid) does go wrong, don't you want him to be there with you?  It might crush him more if he were to find out after the fact.  Also if everything is good, don't you want him to share in that joy?  That's just my thinking on it, but everyone's relationships are different. as are their pregnancies, GL momma

mirandar2001
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM

No, but tell him, he has the right to know, and will be very upset if you keep it from him. 

apeclark2008
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Congrats..... and IM THE SAME WAY!!!! But He was SOOO Depressed after we lost our first.... It took him MONTHS to even start dealing... and he was OVERBEARING during my pregnancy with Celian... But then SO was my mom, My Sisters, My Brothers, my Nephews, My Nieces!! LOL!!! Im almost afraid to tell ANY of them!!!

Quoting isra1986:

I found out yesterday and haven't told DH. I don't plan on telling him for quite a while.
He was a mess in my first trimester with DD and I can't take that again! He was soooo worried and I don't like people to fuss over me!

BlkChinaDoll
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM

No you aren't but you should at least tell your SO.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM

I understand WHY....it was very hard after I had a m/c to tell anyone.  And congrats to both you newly preggy ladies......awesome.

and to answer your question no you are not a bad person.

ginger813
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I don't think it makes you a bad person, but I cant figure out how on earth you can keep news like that from him.  I couldn't, but I guess I'm just not so good at keeping secrets! Congrats and good luck!

Kris3MN
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I would defnitely tell him.  I don't think you'd want him to found out some other way than you telling him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)