Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long after...

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:51 PM
  • 3 Replies

Fertilization do you get implantation spotting? My period ended this past Sunday, DH and I have had sex every day since Monday, and today I've had a little bit of spotting. Is this just left-over AF, or could it possibly be implantation bleeding? I know most women don't ovulate until 2 weeks after AF, but with my son I was already feeling pregnancy symptoms two weeks before my next period was due... So what could this be?

Part 2: If it is implantation bleeding, how long do I have to wait to take a test? How long until the hormones are high enough to register?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
April282008
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I doubt that you've even ovulated yet.  It's only been 5 days since you got off of your period.  However, even if you did ovulate that early, the time from fertilization to implantation is normally 7 to 10 days.  So even if you did ovulate and your egg was fertilized in the last 5 days, it hasn't had time to implant yet.

geminishadow79
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:11 PM

also implantation bleeding is actually pretty rare so don't count on that as a sign.

Quoting April282008:

I doubt that you've even ovulated yet.  It's only been 5 days since you got off of your period.  However, even if you did ovulate that early, the time from fertilization to implantation is normally 7 to 10 days.  So even if you did ovulate and your egg was fertilized in the last 5 days, it hasn't had time to implant yet.

Mommy2Nikolas
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM

OK, I thought it was a little crazy :-) I'll just chalk it up to remaining AF~ Thanks ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)