Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have WHAT??!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Ive taken this many

Options:

2 max

3max

4max

always an other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

Hives.  yes.  Red, welty hives. I went to the Er last night.  This has been going on since yesterday morning at 1 am...so August 27th at 1 am....Thursday.

They have me on 50mg of Benadryl every 4 hours, 3 Prednisones at once 1x a day, and 1 Pepcid 2x a day.

I have taken all of it for today, and took my Benadryl almost an hour ago.  It was helping up until now.

Is it REALLY going to kill me to take one more?  I take 3 extra stregnth tylenol, and itonly says 2.  I am 115 pounds, maybe less, and 5 feet 4 inches.

I cant bathe cause the drywall in the tub is rotted and were waiting for the landlords maitnence eam to fix it.  Im out of baking soda, have NO money to buy anything else with, and ice isnt helping.

How many Benadryls have YOU taken at once?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MadysonsMom1207
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:17 AM

bumps are ust as helpful.

mom2ljh
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

If you're still breaking out, even after all those meds, you need to go back to the ER or to urgent care.  Don't just take more benadryl on your own, get medical attention.

Amanda ~ Mommy to my little miracle Landon Joel
born 6 weeks too soon~6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, verbal regression, and the coolest kid on the block.

Then                                           Now

ANandLPsMom
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

I'm not going to give an exact number, because I'm not in the mood to get bashed. I have built up a tolerance and have taken quite a few to get rid of hives & to help with swelling/breathing problems due to allergic reactions.

MadysonsMom1207
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM

They said it would take a few days to run its course, to only come back if its getting bad.  Its not getting worse, but it still itches.

And thanks for the second positng as well sayins you take more then recomended I think im building a tolerance too cause its still itching

Momee2Six
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Well I have taken benadryl since I was child due to severe allergies through out the year. I have only ever taken the recommended dosage and it has always worked for me... I am talking about taking it pretty much every day.

If I were you I would take the dosage given to you by the doc especially since you are taking other meds and you don't know how they may react. Your doc knows what he is talking about. Just give it time and it will get better. If it isn't getting worse then that is a good thing.

Are you having trouble breathing? and is your dry wall (you said it needed to be fixed) moldy or is it giving off dust? you may be allergic to either of those things and need to get out of the house.

I am a sometimes CIO, sometimes BF, sometimes ERF depending of the child. Hugging and kissing until my babies beg me to stop. Tell my children and Husband I love them every single day. Give my children every thing they need and most of what they want.
Hand holding and closed mouth kissing in front of my children, cheering my children on from the sidelines, and supporting my husband in anything he does kind of Christian wife and mother to the greatest man currently living and 7 of the most beautiful children ever created!

kivalovesricky
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:30 AM

you should not exceed 400mg in a 24 hour period

MadysonsMom1207
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:34 AM

My mother in law hasnt EVER cleaned her house, she moed in in 2006.  Im moving out October first THANK GOD.  This place is gross, and I wouldnt doubt there being mold and dust in it.  There definatley dust eerywhere in the house, and in the grout of the side of the tub since its tile has all mold and shit in it.  Ick.

Quoting Momee2Six:

Well I have taken benadryl since I was child due to severe allergies through out the year. I have only ever taken the recommended dosage and it has always worked for me... I am talking about taking it pretty much every day.

If I were you I would take the dosage given to you by the doc especially since you are taking other meds and you don't know how they may react. Your doc knows what he is talking about. Just give it time and it will get better. If it isn't getting worse then that is a good thing.

Are you having trouble breathing? and is your dry wall (you said it needed to be fixed) moldy or is it giving off dust? you may be allergic to either of those things and need to get out of the house.

Momee2Six
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Quoting MadysonsMom1207:

My mother in law hasnt EVER cleaned her house, she moed in in 2006.  Im moving out October first THANK GOD.  This place is gross, and I wouldnt doubt there being mold and dust in it.  There definatley dust eerywhere in the house, and in the grout of the side of the tub since its tile has all mold and shit in it.  Ick.

Quoting Momee2Six:

poor you. Have you thought of asking your doc for topical cream? or do you have some calamine lotion? They can sooth hives pretty good. I just have to brush up against the wrong thing (think grass) and I am broken out in hives... sometimes it gets to the point where they are bleeding.

I am a sometimes CIO, sometimes BF, sometimes ERF depending of the child. Hugging and kissing until my babies beg me to stop. Tell my children and Husband I love them every single day. Give my children every thing they need and most of what they want.
Hand holding and closed mouth kissing in front of my children, cheering my children on from the sidelines, and supporting my husband in anything he does kind of Christian wife and mother to the greatest man currently living and 7 of the most beautiful children ever created!

nemiller
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:43 AM

i'm really allergic to bleach, and took 100mg of benadryl once after having a breakout.  i didn't realize the pills were 50mg each instead of 25mg each until right after i took them and i wasn't about to try to puke them up.  it made me really tired and i wouldn't do that all the time, but it didn't hurt me as far as i know.

LiChanelsMommy
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Two. Those things knock me out! I have severe allergies.. pretty much always so if I need to sleep and I don't want to sneeze I take a few.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)