Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I swear I can't take any more tonight...

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:28 PM
  • 28 Replies

So the kids' dad is out doing his Fantasy Football thing...no problem...I take the kids out to dinner...go to Michaels to get a crasft and REdBox for a movie...fun mommy/kids night...

WRONG!  We get home from all that and DD5 can't get her seatbelt unbuckled because it's twisted...she freaks out because nobody is running to the back of the van to help her...I tell her she can do it and calm down and she SCREAMS at me...Oh no no no...So we come in the house and I tell her to get her pajamas on...she continues to throw a huge temper tantrum...I spank her butt and tell her she's going to go lay down and not do the craft...if she's quiet she will still get to watch her movie...well that was an hour ago...she's been screaming, kicking, crying, and coming out of her room a million times ever since...I've tried talking calmly, spanking, yelling, pretty much everything...to top it off she keeps waking up the 19 mo old as well.....I don't even know what to do anymore...now she's so upset she can't even open her own door and is kicking it and hitting it yelling mommy mommy mommy mommy....

oh...she just got back from her dad's for 2 weeks day before yesterday....it's been GREAT! not.

Any advice???

**Update on pg 3...oh and the baby's asleep now too :)

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janette23
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:29 PM

wow sorry no advice but bump 

culinaryqueen
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:31 PM

HI....

It sounds to me like she might be really tired and just fighting it to lay down.  Maybe you can try giving her a glass of warm milk befor she brushes her teeth.  I hope this suggestion helps, take care and dont worry it sounds to me like she is just tired. 

possummom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:32 PM

all i can advise you to do is just keep putting her back in her bed. my middle DD use to do that too. among many other things. good luck with it. it is just the age. you are not doing anything wrong. she will wear herself out.

mnmsmom2008
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Sounds like she's overtired to me.  How about a hug/kiss and a rock or cuddle in the rocking chair? 

My almost 5 year old gets like that and I get so frustrated but then when I figure out all she needs is a quick cuddle or scratch her back or whatever and 5 minutes later she's out for the night.

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Sorry no advice.  Bump

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:34 PM

She is either over-tired or hungry. Figure out what it is. Take care of it. Try to ignore her if you can. (I KNOW this is hard.) I had the same problem. She quit when she realized that it DIDN'T MATTER HOW LONG SHE SCREAMED AND CRIED FOR ME. She didn't get what she wanted. Good luck!

txdaisydee
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:35 PM

keep her in her room she will go to sleep ...my daughter done that once

sbelanger27
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Try putting he back to bed and laying down with her and rub her back for a little bit. She is probably still adjusting to coming back from her dads and needs some mommy time. good luck!

aquablissdreams
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Sounds to me like she is tired, if the screaming is bothering you I would suggest an IPOD or MP3 player with high quality headphones to tune her out. 

mommyof035and6
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:41 PM

The worst part is she's got the baby screaming now too....I also have 2 older kids who are waiting patiently for their mommy movie time and it just can't happen right now... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)