Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? For Anyone who purchased a house w/ a VA loan, Please help!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

My husband and I are trying to buy a house in time to get this 8,000 tax credit.  We can't seem to nail a clear answer as to how much cash we should have to shell out when using a VA loan to purchase a house, things like the inspector, any fees that maybe where a suprise, ect..  Cost of house will be about 115,000.  Please help if you can, thank you :-)

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommywife06
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Call the VA's office and they will give you the number to the VA housing office person in your area. And they will tell you 

honestycounts
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:34 PM

I was looking for a number, but thanks for the info

jitterbuug48
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:35 PM

HI we just purchased our home with a VA last month. we negotiated $5000 closing cost in to the sale so what we had to pay up front was the  $ 20 credit check $450 loan application, $475 for the inspector(which varies do to square footage ours is 2600), and the $500 earnest deposit. And then at closing we where given a check for $698  to pay us back for the upfront closing cost we paid ($450, $475, $20 and $500) we didn't get it all back because our closing cost exceeded the $5000 we negotiated for.

Good Luck and if you have more questions feel free to ask.

-Cat

hot_army_wife
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:35 PM

it varies from state to state...you might be able to call a realtor in your area and ask them.

Renee'
Proud Army Wife!
Proud mommy of 2 wonderful kiddos!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)