Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

guns and tobacco at school!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

my dad is 50, when he was in school they had western day once a year, they got to bring their or their parents UNLOADED guns to show off and they had a tobacco chewing contest! CAN YOU FREAKING BELIEVE THAT? lol that blows my mind.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aquablissdreams
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM

WOW how the times have changed lol ...

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:43 PM

lol. 10 years ago when I was in high school, it wasn't very uncommon for someone to have cigarettes and a gun at school. Although it wasn't necessarily approved of by the school.

Photobucket

HeatherMae55
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:45 PM

lol!  7 years ago I smoked at school w/ my teacher and brought my knives to school... 

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

lol. 10 years ago when I was in high school, it wasn't very uncommon for someone to have cigarettes and a gun at school. Although it wasn't necessarily approved of by the school.

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

melissaisme

My step grandmother told me when she was in high school, as long as the students brought notes to class from the parents then they could smoke cigarettes during their lunch hour... pretty unbelieveable... i think it was a private school but not too sure..

TheSinFamily

they also used to have designated student smoking areas at my old high school, along with a senior area where it was known people other than seniors got beat up if they were in it (while the school looked the other way. .)

3earthangels
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Want to hear (or read) something mind blowing? Up until 1999 a HS I attended allowed smoking on school property as long as you were 18. There was a smoking room and a designated smoking area outside, plus students would smoke in the bathroom (weren't supposed to and you could get suspension for it.). Also guns were pretty common on school property. Many students and staff had gun racks in or on the cars/trucks.

Now the HS I graduated from guns and cigarettes were there, but not supposed to be.

The US Immigration Support Group - We know it's hard. We'll give you a shoulder to cry on, friends to laugh with, and a helping hand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)