Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you really get married at the actual courthouse?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

Like can you go to the courthouse and get married by a judge?  How do you go about doing that?  Do you need to make an appointment or something?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommywife06
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Call the courthouse. I know 5 people who did it. But it varies in each state. Just call and ask them 

kagegirl
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM

First, you would need to go to the county clerks office and get a marraige license. Then, call the court and see if they have specefic times for marraiges, make an appointment and go get hitched. My hubby and I did that.

treehugger823
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM

yeah i did. yes, make an appointment. when you go in to get your marriage liscence ask them who to call. and when you make your appointment, make sure you know for sure which courthouse you're supposed to go to (made that mistake... luckily they found a minister who married us anyway!)

pregnancy due date
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:45 PM

My hubby and I are from CO. We got a marriage license at the DMV and went to the courthouse, signed it and got it notarized by the county clerk and we were married. My sister also got married at the courthouse but by an actual judge. We never even saw a judge it litterally took us 15 minutes plus driving time to get married.

href="http://www.tickercentral.com">
mommy2bagain560
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:45 PM

YUP...you sure can. you go to the county clerk get a marriage liscense. call the courthouse/justice of peace and make and appoitment.... only certain court houses do it tho.. u gotta ask the county clerk which one. and they only do it on certain days.. i think it cost me around $50 at the MOST. We did this and then just spent lots of money on a honeymoon.. after u get ur marriage lisecnse u have 30 days to use it or  you lose it lol.

Kiki7808
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:45 PM

yes you can... i did. call and tell them what you are planning, and make sure you already have your marriage license and bingo bango you can be married

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:46 PM

yes u can my dear.... my hubby cousin just got married at the C house. 

remaining_me
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:48 PM

yep.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2gud2btrue
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:49 PM

here they only do it on specific days.  i believe its the second friday of each month. just call and ask. 

SpiritFortress
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Yes you can. Call them and get the details. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)