Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a question for pro-lifer

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:47 PM
  • 109 Replies

since the other post was deleted before my reply was added, i want to ask a question to all of you pro-lifers.

if your own daughter was to get raped and she chose to have an abortion would you support her decision or treat her like a piece of shit for her decision.

and don't say my daughter would never do that because i raise her wih my values and moral because that day will come when she will have a mind of her own and she may or may not  stick to the value and moral you believe in. my mom is 100% pro-life but i am not, i used to be but not anymore, i am not pro-choice either iam on the fence and this is one reason why iam.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicaRenee
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:50 PM

honestly, I wouldn't like it cause I know if the same happened to me i would keep the child. but if she chose to have an abortion, I would not treat her badly. I would try to support her the best I could.

crystalclark
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM

I am pro choice, always will be. Thats all Im gonna say tho cause its pointless to debate this topic. Good post tho.

clapping

CafeMom Tickers
Love_My_Leah
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM

I would always support her in whatever she decides to do. I may not agree with it, in fact may be completely against it, but I'd never treat her like a piece of shit regardless of ANY situation.

ToddlerRides.gif Rear facing blinkie 2 image by Kipani4jc

treehugger823
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:53 PM

I would not support that decision. But I wouldn't treat her like shit either. I would tell her what I think she should do, and hope she does what is right.  if she chooses to have an abortion... no i don't agree with it, but that's going to be a choice she has to live with.

pregnancy due date
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
LWhatley
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:55 PM

I do have a child due to rape; and all I can add is that I could never think about aborting her because of what the guy had done, I love her with all of my heart; and god forbid if something like that were to happen to one of daughters I would support them in their decision

bbw.jpg BBW image by icemanjerrygence

proud marine wifeilovemykids

rainbowrays85
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:57 PM

i would love my kids no matter what. plus who am i to judge her for what she wants. i am pro-life but i understand that not everyone is so im not gonna shove it down everyone elses throat.

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM

I don't force my beliefs on anyone. If I had a daughter in this situation I would advise her of her options and I would try to influence her to make the right decision for her. I don't have a hatred of people who have abortions. I have empathy for the flicker of life that was snuffed out.  

SpiritFortress
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I love my children unconditionally. If this happened to my daughter I would encourage her to really think about her decision. If she went through with it I would love and support her but be sad about the fact that she would have to live with that decision for the rest of her life. I was raped and was pregnant. I had my child and I'm glad I don't have to live with the guilt of ending that life.

CjEmmemommy

Absolutely NOT!! I will love my children though anything!!!

I think rape is one of those touchy points...I have never been but I can only imagine how hard it must be and I would support her in whatever way she needed... I know I could love that baby though...

I have talked to my Husband about this situation only with me being the one assaulted and he said he couldn't do it but I really believe in my heart that child would be mine and I don't think I could abort..

Erica

a wedding website

ariesp19

i have a question for the ones who say THERE IS NO excuse to have an abortion, no way no how, and all that jazz....

so.... if i get pg with a tuble baby, that will NOT servive, should i just keep the baby? and risk my life? how do i explain to my kids tha tmommy is not only risking her life for her baby, but risking her life for a baby who has no chance to servive....

so, if your dd got pg with a tuble, and chose an abortion, how would you feel about that? woulod you judge her? tell her she murderd her child?

as of may

treadmilljumping ropescrapbooking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)