Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

husband saying a womans name in his sleep...

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 4:13 AM
  • 7 Replies

i guess for a over a year now, my husband would randomly say this girl's name in his sleep. maybe once a month or so he'd get extremely tired and talk in his deep sleep. i know her, he knows her, i used to have suspicions about them. the thing is, he says they have nothing to do with each other and dreams are not controlled so i generally just keep to myself. no harm done right? its just lately it drives me crazier because it's been so long now wtf am i supposed to do? pretend like i dont hear anything anymore? i don't know how to react anymore. i don't want to take things out of hand, but it's hurting me when it shouldn't. when i talk to him about it he either gets mad that and says he doesn't even remember his dream. all he does is say her name, but it sure as hell AINT my name.. i don't know if i'm looking for advice or anything, i'm just so confused i need to put this out there and talk to someone.

by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 4:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
StephanieC86
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 4:16 AM

does he just say her name, or does he MOAN it?? that would be what i was looking at... maybe he is just talking to her in his dream...? i wouldnt worry all that much about it. [although its easy to say cause its not my husband] Just think about it that way... if hes not moaning it or haveing a 'wet dream' than w/e

mlg87ok
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 4:29 AM

I don't know. This has never happend to me.

BUMP

BunBaker
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 5:25 AM

You're right, dreams aren't controlled. But they are your subconscious. And Your husband has been "dreaming" of this girl for over a year now.

I wish I had advice for you other than sitting down and telling him that shit isn't gonna fly anymore with his anger and lame excuses because something is going on.

sorry :(

sagi6666
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 5:32 AM

Is she a co-worker of his that he has to work with on a daily basis? he could be dreaming of work and having a discussion about what's going on at the job site...Some co-workers you do have to communicate on a daily basis...Sometimes work becomes your home away from home...? 

roxy85
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 5:38 AM

It would depend on how he knows her and how they act together. Like someone else said, if they work together it could be as simple as that. I'd probably wake up my husband and ask him WTF he said, haha...

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

lcappytan05
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 6:26 AM

Honestly,  you need to find out EXACTLY what he is dreaming about before making any conclusions. Dreams have funny ways of telling us things and helping us figure out problems.

Example:

a dream about death doesn't mean DEATH...it means change.

So, can you see how things are interpreted that way. If you find out EXACTLY what he is dreaming about, then maybe we could help you a little more.

Also, a dream about another woman (no matter if it is erotic or not) can mean something entirely different than you think.

If you would like more help about it, you can pm me, I used to study dream theory.

Talk to your husband though. Bring it up in a nonconfrontational way. tell him that he's been saying that in his sleep and ask what he's been dreaming about. Show interest and don't come off like you are hounding him....then see what happens.

Pregnancy ticker its a boy

Need to get out those frustrations? Love the "vent of the day" posts? Join my group! click here

momto3infl
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2009 at 6:37 AM

Hubby has done this before-at first I was concerned because he would be saying people's name I wasnt sure exactly if I knew them (people from HS and collge before we met)-I asked him he say the same thing as your hubby-after a while I just laughed it off-he still does it just not as much. 

LOVE JOHN BARROWMAN "TORCHWOOD"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)