Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why can't people just enjoy their kids???

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:02 AM
  • 41 Replies

it seems to me that mom, (mostly sahm's) try to base their self worth, or if they're a good mom on frivolous things. how clean their house is, what their kids wear, how many words their kids can say, when they crawled, what they're cooking tonight. it's rediculous!!! here's an idea. forget the house and laundry and dishes. and spend a day with your kids, no timeouts, not caring if they get messy or when dinner will be on the table. just HAVE FUN! and when dh gets home, if he bitches tell him to make his own damn food or play with them with you. it's almost like they feel guilty that they don't have  a "job". when your kids move out they're not going to remember if you mopped everyday or if you bought name brand diapers. they're going to remember the time you spent with them (or lack of). well that's my rant!

giving mom gift

now go give your kids a hug and a cookie ;) lol

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TJP_ASP_MOMMY
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Wait...we can't do that! Didnt you know that the working moms will call us lazy???

I personally do the most important things and everything else can fall by the wayside. 

<3 Aubri Stacia & Tyler Joseph <3

randi1978
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:08 AM

I'm a working mom and I hardly think SAHM's are lazy.  I have met a small few that meet that bill, but the vast majority work very hard.

Quoting TJP_ASP_MOMMY:

Wait...we can't do that! Didnt you know that the working moms will call us lazy???

I personally do the most important things and everything else can fall by the wayside. 

marilyn623
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:08 AM

if i'm lazy so be it, lazy beats neurotic any day! lol.

Quoting TJP_ASP_MOMMY:

rsambhi
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I have to agree

I sometimes, drop everything and play with my 2 yr old, watch tv, games and the works...

Men usually rant about how hard their day was, which it might be, but we, mom's have a 24 hr job which we can't take time off or breaks from.  I normally tell my hubby to eat leftovers or make something if he is starving.  He hates it, so sue me.

Jenny

ilovetolaugh
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:10 AM

I have a lot of those fun days with the kids! I clean at night and DH likes to clean to. Im a SAHM. I know I'm a good mom because my kids laugh all the time, they have lots of fun just being kids, and I love to see them dirty! It means they were probably having fun. I like to cook in the crock pot so I have more time with the kids. I like to cook for DH, but I don't have to, he knows when I have been with the kids all day and he doesn't mind eating out. He tells me he would rather eat out as long as the kids are having fun and are taken care of.

nemiller
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:10 AM

before i say anything else, i want to say i don't understand how you came to the conclusion that "mostly SAHMs" do these things.  i don't think that's really a true thing to say.  i know working mothers who still take more pride in the labels their kids wear or how perfect their house is than in what they did with their kids last weekend or how many things their kid is good at.

however, i agree with the gist of your post.  i enjoy my son.  if that means the dishes have to wait or dinner's not ready the second we normally eat, so be it.  luckily, my husband feels the same way, so he never says anything about it.  he knows i still get everything done, so it's never an issue.

meagansmama1009
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:11 AM

OP Your little sign at the end of your post made me laugh SOOOOO hard! Thats freakin awesome. I want a shirt that says that. 

lovemymarine306
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:12 AM

my kids always come before housework, but all kids need structure and routine...and discipline.  so even though i enjoy my kids, i am very able to balance that with doing all the other things a mom needs to do.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie

Pna1Dra6on
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:13 AM

well stated.  I love getting out & about with my lil ones.  My more memorable memories with fam is going out & doing unique or fun things together as a family.

Quoting marilyn623:

it seems to me that mom, (mostly sahm's) try to base their self worth, or if they're a good mom on frivolous things. how clean their house is, what their kids wear, how many words their kids can say, when they crawled, what they're cooking tonight. it's rediculous!!! here's an idea. forget the house and laundry and dishes. and spend a day with your kids, no timeouts, not caring if they get messy or when dinner will be on the table. just HAVE FUN! and when dh gets home, if he bitches tell him to make his own damn food or play with them with you. it's almost like they feel guilty that they don't have  a "job". when your kids move out they're not going to remember if you mopped everyday or if you bought name brand diapers. they're going to remember the time you spent with them (or lack of). well that's my rant!

giving mom gift

now go give your kids a hug and a cookie ;) lol

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count"

click for my eyeshadow looks

marilyn623
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:13 AM

o i was poking around the sahm's group and there was a post about how moms who dont cook and clean are lazy... and just about everyone went on and on about how much they do. and hardly mentioned playing with the kids! i was kind of shocked

Quoting nemiller:

before i say anything else, i want to say i don't understand how you came to the conclusion that "mostly SAHMs" do these things.  i don't think that's really a true thing to say.  i know working mothers who still take more pride in the labels their kids wear or how perfect their house is than in what they did with their kids last weekend or how many things their kid is good at.

however, i agree with the gist of your post.  i enjoy my son.  if that means the dishes have to wait or dinner's not ready the second we normally eat, so be it.  luckily, my husband feels the same way, so he never says anything about it.  he knows i still get everything done, so it's never an issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)