Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC and the Depo shot

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:13 AM
  • 8 Replies

We want to TTC and I just got off the Depo shot. I heard it takes at least 6 months to become pregnant after being on it. Is this true? Anyone get pregnant sooner?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
4time-mom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Took me less than 2 months after skipping the next shot. We weren't trying either.  

Pna1Dra6on
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:16 AM

oh geez im not sure about that.  I heard its just a mere few weeks...not absolutely certain on how long though.

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count"

click for my eyeshadow looks

TJP_ASP_MOMMY
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Took me just shy of two years, and I was only on it for a year. How long were you on it. Its longer for the amount of time that you were one it. 

<3 Aubri Stacia & Tyler Joseph <3

aidens_mama06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:19 AM

I stopped depo on May 5th when my shot was due. Df and I started trying in June and got preggo in July. So 2 months trying and 3 months off depo. Good luck and baby dust!!

aidens_mama06
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Oh yea I was on depo 2 months shy of 3 years.

pregogirl
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:10 AM

I only got one dosage of it. So for only 3 months. I was Supposed to go August 23 to re-new but we chose not to so we can TTC . With our DS the day we decided to get prego we did. I know it's not going to be that easy this time but I hope it is easy.lol. I don't have time to be having sex all the time haha

Quoting TJP_ASP_MOMMY:

Took me just shy of two years, and I was only on it for a year. How long were you on it. Its longer for the amount of time that you were one it. 

cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:22 AM

7 months the 1st time

almost 10 months this time.

itcouldbetrina
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:25 AM

I got the depo shot on January 27th of this year...  Found out I was pregnant the last week in April and obviously didn't go for my next one :-)  Everyone is different :-)  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)