Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Send good vibes, pray, chant, light candles...

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:23 AM
  • 6 Replies

Do whatever it is that you do, for this girl http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jessicaeasley She is the spunkiest kid I know. We have been close friends with her and her family for a few years now. Jessie has been through two relapses, tons of surgeries, removal of a leg, rounds of chemo and radiation, two remissions...and now it's back with a vengeance and she is dying. There's nothing more anyone can do. I just got home from taking my girls to visit her at the hospital, where she lays in her bed, cracking jokes, talking on her new cell phone, wearing her new blue nike, and helping her family plan her memorial service and funeral. We need for her chest fluid output to slow down enough so that they can take out her chest tube and she can go home to be cared for by hospice and surrounded by her family and friends for as long as she has left. So, do your thing, people! This is important! You could leave her a nice message in her guestbook, too, while you're at it!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaSince08
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:25 AM

So sad :( My prayers are with her and her family and friends.

Proud Wife to my MARINE Jeremy. Proud Mama to one Stinky Rotten Beautiful Precious Princess, Ashlyn. Love my life :)

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:31 AM

bumping this. it's important to me.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Wow, one fucking comment....nice

pammy32953
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:41 AM

I am so so sorry for you and her family. i hope they can take her home soon so they can spend this time togrther

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:05 PM

You know, it's so strange. I see prayer posts started all the time with hundrends of responses. Why does this one not get any responses??? This kid is DYING for gods sake! What is the difference between this "prayer" post and the ones that get a million reponses?

LA8YBUG
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:09 PM

I will keep her family in our prayer's.

praying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)