Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you decorate your nursery according to your ultrasound? *PICS*

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:35 AM
  • 109 Replies

So Im 33 weeks pregnant, and I had an my second ultrasound at 22 weeks, where they told me I was having a girl. So, since then I have gone all out on decorating the nursery. DH is cute, just shakes his head smiles, everytime I tell him "Its finished!", because he knows the next day Im going to find something else I want to put in there! lol But everyone keeps telling me we are having a boy, and Im starting to worry, because the nursery is VERY girly! lol So, did you decorate your nursery based on your ultrasound? Was your ultrasound correct? What is the likelihood (sp?) of a 22 week u/s being wrong? And while we are at it, show me pics of your nursery! 

PS Im still waiting for the artwork I ordered, the butterfly canopy to go over the crib (altho I kinda thought about putting it over the rocking chair...cheesy?) and the mobile to arrive in the mail. Other than that, "its finished!" lol All decorating thoughts and advice are welcome! 

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USMCBride08
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:36 AM

awww.... im in the process of decorating wyatts room... but im using the u/s photos in it LOL

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

TJP_ASP_MOMMY
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Well for my son the ultrasounds siad it was a boy but i just FELT that it was a girl. I wasnt sure so I just bought greens and yellows. With my daughter I had no doubts because they told me it was a girl and I felt like it was a girl. I guess I was right that time.

Ever notice how you just FEEL its a certain sex? 

<3 Aubri Stacia & Tyler Joseph <3

cheyeone
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:37 AM

aww too cute!!!baby girl I have mine in my room so no decor but I did buy all her stuff according to the ultrasound

all the siggys seem to say all theses beliefs that each mom has... I just believe that each of us raise our kids to the best of our abilities and pray they become responsible adults someday. so really does it matter if we erf or bf or ff or co-sleep or tummy sleep or are sahm or single moms who work 2 jobs to pay the bills. all that matters is we love our kids and want the best for them.

My girls Angel 13, Bella 6, and Dani (6/25/09)

meagansmama1009
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:38 AM

bump

Mommyto2kids09
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I found out with my 1st at 20 weeks and it was VERY pink LOL

meagansmama1009
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Quoting USMCBride08:

awww.... im in the process of decorating wyatts room... but im using the u/s photos in it LOL

Awww, if this one should wind up being a boy, he is going to be Wyatt Michael. I love that name! 

MamaSince08
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:39 AM

I'm probably just very boring. But our plan no matter what sex the baby was, was to have teddy bears. So we did a lot of Browns and Tans. Obviously Ashlyn was a girl, even after the ultrasound, we still kept it brown and tan, just added some Pink accents in there. I Painted wooden letters to go up on her wall, and hung a couple of small pictures. But we kept it simple :)

Proud Wife to my MARINE Jeremy. Proud Mama to one Stinky Rotten Beautiful Precious Princess, Ashlyn. Love my life :)

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Don't worry :)  Ultrasounds these days are pretty accurate.  With BOTH of my girls, I would have all kinds of women (usually older ones) say "Oh, you're all out front...having a boy, right?"  "Oh, you're carrying low!  It must be a boy!"  "They said it was a girl?  There's no way...the way you're carrying, it's a boy".  I heard it all!  Guess what?!  I have 2 beautiful, healthy girls!  LOL.  Unless the people telling you it's a boy are ultrasound techs or psychics, I wouldn't worry about it!  Btw, SUPER cute nursery!!! 

meagansmama1009
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:41 AM

What do yall think about putting the butterfly canopy over the rocking chair instead of the crib? Stupid idea?

littlemama810
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:41 AM

My ultra sound showed it was a boy and I had a boy. I decorated his room classic winnie the pooh so it would have been fine if he was a girl. Actually my cousin had her daughter 6 months after me and she also did a classic winnie the pooh decor LOL

PhotobucketNO CIO Pictures, Images and Photosbaby wearing Pictures, Images and Photosi love my baby boy Pictures, Images and Photosaugust baby Pictures, Images and Photosworking mom Pictures, Images and Photoslove my husband Pictures, Images and Photosco sleeping Pictures, Images and PhotosRear facing blinkie 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)