Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there anyone out there besides me, that has sleep paralysis?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:40 AM
  • 30 Replies

its like i'm asleep but awake,and its very scary,maybe i'm just weird!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fit_Momma_Of_2
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:42 AM

wow that does sound scary! my mom suffers from insomnia,she's gone 3 days w/o sleeping at all! im very scared for her...

Tanya Mora Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
►I use a SONY 300A
Lens:50MM &200MM
Hate Flashes;I'm all about NATURAL Lighting◄
I love photography Pictures, Images and Photos
mommytohuddy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:44 AM

I have always called them night terrors. I can't move and feel like I can't breathe, but I can't wake up completely. I start to panic and try to scream to get somebody to touch me so I wake up completely. I usually end up waking up completely screaming at the top of my lungs. My fiance has been able to figure out what is happening by the sound of my breathing. He shakes me and wakes me before the big scream. Then cuddles and comforts me because it freaks me out everytime. I slept walk when I was younger, when that stopped, this started.

Nzumbe
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:44 AM

I used to get it a lot when I was a kid.

iraqimoonbeam
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:45 AM

exactly,except i've never woke up screaming. it feels like this scary presence is over me watching

Quoting mommytohuddy:

I have always called them night terrors. I can't move and feel like I can't breathe, but I can't wake up completely. I start to panic and try to scream to get somebody to touch me so I wake up completely. I usually end up waking up completely screaming at the top of my lungs. My fiance has been able to figure out what is happening by the sound of my breathing. He shakes me and wakes me before the big scream. Then cuddles and comforts me because it freaks me out everytime. I slept walk when I was younger, when that stopped, this started.

mommytohuddy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:48 AM

my entire life I have had to warn friends before I stayed the night. In college I forgot to warn my roommates, the first time it happened I scared them so bad. I have found it happens more often when I am stressed out. I wish I didn't do the screaming part, but I can't help it...I just panic and want it to be over.

Quoting iraqimoonbeam:

exactly,except i've never woke up screaming. it feels like this scary presence is over me watching

Quoting mommytohuddy:

iraqimoonbeam
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:50 AM

yes it is scary,and it probably only lasts for a few seconds,but it feels so much longer. sometimes it will happen 5-6 times a night

Quoting mommytohuddy:

my entire life I have had to warn friends before I stayed the night. In college I forgot to warn my roommates, the first time it happened I scared them so bad. I have found it happens more often when I am stressed out. I wish I didn't do the screaming part, but I can't help it...I just panic and want it to be over.

Quoting iraqimoonbeam:

Quoting mommytohuddy:

nemiller
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:51 AM

i've never had that happen, but it sounds really scary.

iraqimoonbeam
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:53 AM

sorry to hear that about your mom,hope she gets well soon

Quoting Fit_Momma_Of_2:

wow that does sound scary! my mom suffers from insomnia,she's gone 3 days w/o sleeping at all! im very scared for her...

skisbufly1
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Same here, it happens alot more when Im on the couch though

Quoting mommytohuddy:

Proud Army Wife To My wonderful hubby Matthew!! And momma to Ava P.

armybridetoddler girl

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:58 AM

I've had it happen to me a few times. My Dr. wants to order me a sleep study she doesnt think I am reaching the full levels of sleep. As a result I do not want to sleep at all! I'm to chicken to go get it done, the order paperwork has been in my purse since April...

thseptbabyblinkie.gif September Baby image by KsJenthinkinpinka1.gif I think in pink image by MoMeg_2006Married.gif happily married image by dorothy5678Supportbfing.gif Support Breastfeeding image by unique_style4unewfree_C-Section_Mommy.gif c-sect image by andee16SUPERGRIL.gif Super girl image by cassycharlie    

latinflags.gif LATiN MAMi image by KINDRA1_photosvintagets0.jpg MEXICAN GIRL image by malta57  3179736265.jpg Super Mom image by TruePatriot1776  Not_Worth_The_Lip_Gloss_by_Tokiochi.jpg image by HRForrest       

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)