Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? FOR WORKING MOMMAS

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:48 AM
  • 2 Replies

Do you have money taken out of your paycheck for incidentals or does your whole paycheck go into your joint account?  Do you have a personal savings account separate from your joint account? Does your husband have money taken out of his paycheck? Who handles the finances and budget?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Kimx3babies
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:14 AM

BOTH of our paychecks go into ONE account...no one takes out money for themselves or anything like that. I pay ALL the bills with OUR money each month and go grocery shopping every other Sunday (we get paid every other Thurs. So after all the bills are paid and food bought if there is any left we decide to go out together or separate with friends, but neither of us hide money...our pay checks are direct deposit and my hubby doesn't even have a debit card or account number. I give him him money or my card to pull it out himself...we never deny eachother anything..we are married and being married means what is his is mine and what is mine is his.

mama2conor
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:21 AM

It all goes into one account and he handles the finances (bill paying, etc) because it literally stresses me out.  Nearly had a nervous breakdown a few years ago when we hit some debt, LOL. Nope, he can deal w/ it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)