Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need food ideas! HELP!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:27 AM
  • 6 Replies

ok here in about a week im going on a family picnic. i am wanting to bring a main dish but i dont want to BBQ. i love to grill, if i have a nice big one lol. so i am needing something yummy that adults & kids will like, that i can make at home and just bring to the picnic. the place has outlets there so i can plug in my crock pot if needed. any ideas?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MixedCooke
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:28 AM

SPIRAL HAM

dusky_rose
by Sue on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:30 AM

Cold chicken is always good! Cook up some oven fried chicken or fry some up then put it in the fridge and bring it cold.

fragglerockette
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:30 AM

When ever I go to a picnic I bring broccoli salad its not so much a main dish but it gets eaten it has broccoli, pecans, raisins, red onion, bacon and some other stuff in it.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:10 AM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Advice for Moms

Recipes and Cooking

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Meatballs and chicken wings are good in the slow cooker.  You can buy the frozen meatballs and chicken wings down the frozen aisle at Walmart [their brand].  You can buy an extra jar of bbq sauce to use.

You can also use little hot dogs or cut up hotdogs and add bbq sauce to them in your slow cooker.  Kinda like cocktail weiners.

Or you can make pasta salad [using italian dressing] or pigs in a blanket.

newagemom700
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:31 AM

I would say chicken wings in the crockpot,  or chilli (it can go on hotdogs, or just plain)...other than that i mean salads are always a good thing but i know yo0u said you wanted a main dish....it's kinda hard to come up with main dishes to bring to a BBQ that isnt the meat thats being BBQ'd since that is the main dish.......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)