Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 1st drama post

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:34 AM
  • 7 Replies

so0o0o, i keep seeing moms tell other moms to mind their own business, or i hear this one, "who cares, its not your kids/family"

well as i do think its true that you should not be nosey and pry into someone elses business, i do think there is line that if crossed someone can interfere and try to help and/or educate someone else

for example, when you see an animal being abused or mistreated do you just keep your mouth shut because its none of your business? no. then why would you do that for a child?

It may be that people actually care what happens to other human beings, especially babies and children who cant speak for themselves.  If everyone minded their own business there would be no CPS, or police officers trying to help, or even anyone who just  has plan old sympathy

I know someone is going to say, "WELL YEA THATS FOR PPL WHO ARE BEATING THEIR KIDS OR SOMETHING SERIOUS LIKE THAT, NOT JUST FOR NOSEY ASS PEOPLE!!!!!"

Well maybe the "nosey person" just wants to stop it before it gets to that point, or they have a very strong feeling that that is whats going on already and there is nothing they can do but get the authorities involved to determine whether that's true or not, if someone just tried to help who knows how many children could have been saved from emotional and physical abuse

...i really hope the 1st reply is not, "why the hell do u care so much" lol....

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cillaluvsmali
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:39 AM

ok thats weird, maybe its too nice of a post, lol

bump

WanziesMommie
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:45 AM

Who knows....you can never tell with different types of  people and their personalities! Never know whats bound to be said or happen! shrugging  Its really late here so maybe there all sleep....lol!   

lbdm2002
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:45 AM

Yes and no..lol. Sometimes when something is blantantly a misdoing, I feel it's okay to step in..however if you just assume that something is going on without knowing all the facts behind it...that's when i'd tell you to mind your own business. 

cillaluvsmali
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:50 AM

Quoting lbdm2002:

Yes and no..lol. Sometimes when something is blantantly a misdoing, I feel it's okay to step in..however if you just assume that something is going on without knowing all the facts behind it...that's when i'd tell you to mind your own business. 

yea but when a person tries to make facts of their assumptions they always get a door in the face saying, ITS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS, so are they just supposed to be like, "ok thats true, i give up" while the child is kept miserable?

most of the time hard evidence just doesn't come out in the open so easily for everyone to plainly see

WifeyandMommy89
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:52 AM

On the CPS issue. MY sons father has called on me twice now. Both times for stupid reasons. The first time my son was like a month old, he told them that my house was trashed, I never fed my son, and that my son didn't have a crib... It was kinda funny that the woman showed up as I was washing out his bottle, because I had just fed him and layed him down in his crib..

This last time was because he knew I was going on vacation that week and was trying to make it so I couldn't go, so he called and told them I beat my son amoung other things all un true. I was a little nervous because my son had a black eye from falling into the computer chair, but I knew in the end they'd check his medical records,  and keep an eye on us if they thought anything was wrong... Actually the worker apologized for intruding and wasting my time.. lol

My opinon on this, is that when someone calls CPS they sh oudl be required to tell who they are... CPS should never even hint to who called on you, but they should have it on file, because people use it like a personal pay back service like my sons father...

lbdm2002
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:56 AM

Quoting WifeyandMommy89:

On the CPS issue. MY sons father has called on me twice now. Both times for stupid reasons. The first time my son was like a month old, he told them that my house was trashed, I never fed my son, and that my son didn't have a crib... It was kinda funny that the woman showed up as I was washing out his bottle, because I had just fed him and layed him down in his crib..

This last time was because he knew I was going on vacation that week and was trying to make it so I couldn't go, so he called and told them I beat my son amoung other things all un true. I was a little nervous because my son had a black eye from falling into the computer chair, but I knew in the end they'd check his medical records,  and keep an eye on us if they thought anything was wrong... Actually the worker apologized for intruding and wasting my time.. lol

My opinon on this, is that when someone calls CPS they sh oudl be required to tell who they are... CPS should never even hint to who called on you, but they should have it on file, because people use it like a personal pay back service like my sons father...

Yes..I agree with the point above. 

StephanieC86
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:58 AM

ah, i know that feeling... my son is 5 now, and his father has called on me ATLEAST 7 times, all for things they come to investigate and found nothing for... its pretty amusing... They finally told him to stop calling... or they would investigate him for mental health issues, they suggested therapy to him amongst many other things...

Quoting WifeyandMommy89:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)