Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any suggestions?? re: packed lunches

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:55 AM
  • 15 Replies

Good morning ladies, I will be heading out to BJ's today and I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions as to what would be good to pack in my daughters lunch boxes? I want to keep it fun and not repeat the same foods everyday. Thanks for reading

Learn from yesterday.. Live for today.. Hope for tomorrow...

Proud mother of Debbie listening to tunes & Ashley toddler girl

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrandonsMom1000
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Deli Meat wrapped around cheese sticks

pretzels

peanut butter, honey and apple slice sandwiches

Mini Pringles

frozen juice box

mommyof2girls00
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:00 AM

I usually packed ham and cheeses sandwich everyday  for her, and now my youngest is going to school and she is very picky.

mommyof2girls00
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Quoting BrandonsMom1000:

Deli Meat wrapped around cheese sticks

pretzels

peanut butter, honey and apple slice sandwiches

Mini Pringles

frozen juice box

Thank you, sounds good!

EeeesMom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:03 AM

tortilla shell w/layer of peanut butter and a bananna in the middle all rolled up!  my son loves em but he also eats peanut butter from spoons and banannas like they will be gone tomarrow

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
mommyof2girls00
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Quoting EeeesMom:

tortilla shell w/layer of peanut butter and a bananna in the middle all rolled up!  my son loves em but he also eats peanut butter from spoons and banannas like they will be gone tomarrow

Lol, thanks that sounds good too!

Sheley

I use lunchables, fruit cups, frozen go-gurts, fruit snacks, pretzels that you dunk in the cheese, all kinds of stuff.  Uncrustables, and lunchmeat sandwiches.  I also started giving him mini bagels with cream cheese on it and he loves those.

BrandonsMom1000

Quoting EeeesMom:

I have done this before also.  My son loves them.

ff-princess
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:08 AM

those individual containers of carrots or celery with ranch dressing go over pretty good here, as do make-it-yourself pizzas.  we put in a mini pizza crust (boboli makes them, and I'm sure others do) along with a small packet of sauce, a baggie of pepperoni slices and one of cheese. 

if you can trust the child to return a thermos (I couldn't tell you how many I bought one year!), then spaghettios, ravioli, or soup travels pretty well.  and on more than one occasion he would ask for leftovers of whatever we had the night before.  if you prep the thermos before you fill it (fill with almost-boiling water and put the lid on for about five minutes) then your lunch will still be warm when you get to it.

hard boiled eggs also travel okay if you peel them first.  and finally if you're really stumped, send a disposable bowl and some cereal since they usually get milk at school.  throw in some fruit and it's a pretty well-rounded meal.

good luck, I'm glad I don't have to worry about packing a lunch again for another 3 years!

Schleetle
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:11 AM

My sons usually bring bagels, or a sandwhich.. for sides cheese, and crackers, grapes, pretzels, apple sauce, pudding, yogurt, or yogurt covered raisins (they are so good). For drinks usually a juice box, choclate milk box, or mini bottled water.

Pregnancy Ticker

mommyof2girls00
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Thanks!

Quoting Sheley:

I use lunchables, fruit cups, frozen go-gurts, fruit snacks, pretzels that you dunk in the cheese, all kinds of stuff.  Uncrustables, and lunchmeat sandwiches.  I also started giving him mini bagels with cream cheese on it and he loves those.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)