Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we almost got scammed yesterday

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:06 AM
  • 3 Replies

We were at walmart checking out  and dh swiped out debit card. he pressed no for cash back  but the cashier pressed 40.00 cash back on her end when she was supose to just hit debit.  dh saw the debit machine flash 40.00 cash back . he said i did not ask for cash back . the cashier told us sometimes the machine can ask you twice if you want cash back. she was very pissed when we noticed had a terrible attitude.she also did not give us money out of the drawer the gave it to us out a little blue pouch, but had money in ther register. 

when we left we called and talked to the manager he told us the register never will ask u twice and she was lying. there was nothing he could do at that time but watch her and see what she does 

we thought they could only do this with credit cards but i guess not 

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
EeeesMom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:09 AM

someones days are numbered!  with those systems its not a matter of if you will lose your job it is when, and you will go out in handcuffs! 

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
kthruz143
by Kerrie on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:12 AM

i hope she does

Quoting EeeesMom:

someones days are numbered!  with those systems its not a matter of if you will lose your job it is when, and you will go out in handcuffs! 

chais_wifey
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:15 AM

That's terrible. It's a good thing ur DH was paying attention and not just going thru the motions. I hope that girl gets fired! And for $40? That's worth losing your job for in this economy? Some people just don't think. 

kissing

Proud Army Wife since Jan 1, 2007
Mommy since Dec 14, 2007
Will be a mommy again on May 7, 2010 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)